3 replies to this topic

#1 deebo

deebo

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

got a project car a little over a year ago. i thought id take to it like a fish in water but i took to it like a brick instead haha i dont have the time or the money to rebuild it and it seems unfair to let him die off.

its a 998cc 1979 austin 1000. it has a fairly solid shell, needs new front floor pans but got them. new front end needed as bent by the idiot who moved it for me. i was gonna put a flip on it tho. got an engine (probs need a rebuild but was a runner wen removed), a hif 38 carb, a pair of corbeau gtbs in blue and a LOT of parts haha. there is both subframes, the front off and painted, the rear still attached and built up. i think most of the parts form the front sub assembly are there but it came to me as a project so i cant be sure. the shell is in pretty good nick. its got rust in the usual place but i dont think any is very bad, mostly surface and light. the crux is that he isnt on wheels at the moment and would need to be trailered away. moving it wouldnt be an ssue on the collection end tho as i would wrangle in a team of blokes to help lol

any input is much appreciated, and ill try to take on as much as possible :)

dom.

#2 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

if you could post up some decent pictures, I know someone looking for a shell and may be able to come to a deal but would need to see some pictures, and based in sussex so not a million miles away :)

Edit: and sorry for not leaving a valuation, its hard to judge without seeing the condition but around £500 would be what I would guess at :)

Edited by Alex_B, 07 January 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#3 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

i would value it at around the £500 mark

#4 deebo

deebo

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

thanks for the quick replys guys :) ill get some photos asap but its at my sisters garage. the only ones i have are these, tho there not very good

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

these picks are all quite old too, so more recent ones may well show more dirt/grime and probably alot more dust lol ill give stuff a quick brush to show how it is not how the dust is wen i take the piccys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users