4 replies to this topic

#1 its_courts28

its_courts28

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

HI. I have a 1988 Austin Mayfair Designer. I'm having the clutch changed however I think the clutch or flywheel was stuck on the 3 pins? (I'm not very mechanically minded) Anyway I hope you understand! The flywheel has had to be cut off as it wouldn't even come off with big pullers with the engine out. I now need a new flywheel and the part that attaches the plate to the flywheel, I think that's correct? Could you please advise me on what I need? I'v been told a Verto Flywheel however some people say it depends if i have a pre engaged starter motor? The car is standard and nothing has been changed in the engine as far as I'm aware and judging on how seized parts are. Any advice appreciated:)

#2 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,042 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

First of all check for damage to the crankshaft tail taper.
If there is no damage you need a replacement flywheel the same as the type which was on there. It is probably a Verto unit, so just get a Verto flywheel assembly which someone on here will have at not a big cost. Lap the new flywheel onto the crankshaft b efore finally assembling.

#3 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

I have verto full assemblies, if you need one just PM me

#4 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,042 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Knew someone would be able to help. What a great little community we have here :D

#5 jaydee

jaydee

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,565 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

HI. I have a 1988 Austin Mayfair Designer. I'm having the clutch changed however I think the clutch or flywheel was stuck on the 3 pins? (I'm not very mechanically minded) Anyway I hope you understand! The flywheel has had to be cut off as it wouldn't even come off with big pullers with the engine out. I now need a new flywheel and the part that attaches the plate to the flywheel, I think that's correct? Could you please advise me on what I need? I'v been told a Verto Flywheel however some people say it depends if i have a pre engaged starter motor? The car is standard and nothing has been changed in the engine as far as I'm aware and judging on how seized parts are. Any advice appreciated:)

Are you attempting the job yourself?
Would be good to ask someone local to help you with this. i've never had to take the grinder out to remove a stuck flywheel so probably you need to do the job under the supervision of someone with 'mini experience'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users