#1 retromec

retromec

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:36 AM

Yo!

Long-time Mini nut here. Been lurking around various Mini forums (fora..?) for quite a while and think it's time to join in with the fun. You seem a friendly crowd here.

I've owned three Minis over the years, though I've driven a few more; having originally been converted from VW Beetles by driving a mate's 1275GT. Now on the lookout again for a low mileage, 'one lady owner' type in good nick, with a 1275cc engine, a carb and a manual gearbox; to modify a bit and keep for good. It's like looking for an attractive Wigan girl though. You know they exist, you just never seem to see one. :w00t:

Currently I still own a Nightfire Red '92 Sprite which I've had since 1996, though it's been off the road and tucked away in a lock-up, like a guilty secret, since 2002. I did plan on resurrecting it but other things got in the way of that ambition and sadly it's deteriorated too far now for that. At one time I had both the Sprite and a minty '93 Rio but I sold the latter a couple of years ago and bought a Smart. Epic mistake..!

Anyhow. Looking forward to getting involved and getting back behind the wheel of the world's greatest car. As the saying goes, everything else is just traffic.

Cheers.

#2 miniT

miniT

Puts the 'Bum' Into Bumpstart!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart Mini Club

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:38 AM

Welcome to TMF! :w00t: Enjoy the site :dontgetit:

#3 wobbit

wobbit