#47 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Local Club: A5 & Mini Mainiacs

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Cheers guys I'm hoping to get it installed over Easter but I'm just plucking up the courage to spend more money on an amp + wiring kit lol keep an eye on my build threads in the ice and saloon project sections for progress and a vid or two :P

Rhys

#48 BishopMaverick

BishopMaverick

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

Ruckus - stereotypical lad me :P lol

If I got this kit

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=400400070730&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=71182787123

What would I use to wire the speakers to the amp ? Some more 8 awg ? sorry if this is dumb question, just don't want to get it wrong :L

Rhys

I used this kit for a while... Loving the power cables but ditched the RCA cable and got some Van Damme replacements... Much better sound quality but they cost a bit more obviously... Not as much as the QED I use now though. :unsure:

Speaker cable wise though I always use QED... On little amps I use QED micro which You can find for around £2 per meter but is fantastic for a thin cable lots of detail for the high end. I use QED Original or Ruby for larger output amps... you can't fit a fat sound down a thin cable ;D

For the sub I use Kef or Van Dan Hul as I have a few reels of these :shifty: but if I'm honest as thick and oxygen free as possible (but nothing over 12 gauge) is just a good rule of thumb.

Keep us updated :thumbsup:
B.M.

#49 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

cheers for that BM, ive gone for a ground zero amp and their 8awg wiring kit too as it is a decent price but i will have a look at those companies as well as it never hurt to learn more lol

ive started updating my ice and mini rebuild threads now so thanks once again everyone for the advice - you've all helped massively - and i look forward to hearing your feedback on my work :) lol

Rhys

#50 Orange-Phantom

Orange-Phantom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Get some pics up of your progress, I'd love to see how your getting on.

I wouldn't go blowing huge sums of money on expensive exotic speaker cables and interconnects. As long as your cable going to your speakers is of a decent gauge you'll be fine.

Have a read of this if your properly interested!

http://www.roger-rus...m/wire/wire.htm

#51 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

thanks for the link, i started to read through it but i'll have to go back and finish reading it as and when i can - there's just so much information to take in lol

okay then i'll stick to my original plan of ground zero then as their wiring kit comes with everything i need :) one final question though, should i get one of those base control dials for in the cabin ?

i'm keeping my ice build and mini resto projects up to date as of now so stay tuned cus im buying my amp and wiring kit today :D

rhys

#52 Orange-Phantom

Orange-Phantom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

I've got a control so I can alter the level of the subs easily.

If it's easy enough for you to do then go for it!

Oh your build guide is looking good!

#53 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

okay, how to do i wire one in ? does it just wire in series with the rca ?

and thank you muchly :)

Rhys

Edited by stretch tech, 30 March 2013 - 07:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users