9 replies to this topic

#1 hector1985

hector1985

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

just thought id say hi, finally signed up to the site :)

ive had my 1985 mini city since summer last year, used all over winter hasnt missed a beat all through the snow and ice, wind and rain.

but its started to show battle scars, so a lot of work planned ready for the summer, new interior, flip front end, new brakes and suspension etc and come winter time when it goes into storage this time, would love to drop a bigger engine in it :)

anyway got told to sign up here as its the best place to go for info, help/advice etc

Posted Image

#2 MiniFTW

MiniFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Welcome! Looks like you have been having fun in the snow, Where abouts in notts are you?

#3 hector1985

hector1985

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

oh yes was a barrel of laughs in the snow, sometimes i did wish i had some decent snow tyres on it, but other than that it was ok. im from sunny Bulwell, Notts

you from notts?

#4 MiniFTW

MiniFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Haha! Yes the weather has been fun, I'm glad the suns out today though and snow is practically gone! Yes I'm over in arnold mate.

#5 hector1985

hector1985

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

oh cool, not far then. yeah glad the sun is out to, allowing me to hang my wet carpets out to dry and wash the road crap and salt of the car. had a sneaky peak at your projects, looking really good, lots of work and hours gone into them i can tell..

#6 MiniFTW

MiniFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Yes, its abit of a nightmare with all the salts. My pair havent been out since november though so they havent seen the snow. But thankyou it's been fun doing them.

#7 hector1985

hector1985

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

yeah they were a really good read, i know this may sound out the blue, but with having a couple of projects dont suppose you have a spare 998 or other engine knocking about do you ? lol .

#8 MiniFTW

MiniFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

There is one. Not sure if it's up for sale or not though. How much was you looking at spending.

#9 hector1985

hector1985

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

haha good question... looking to spend as little as possible in all fairness, dont really mind how mucky, dirty, grubby. just as long as its not seized up. what kinda price you looking for you reckon? i really cant say a price as the ones i see vary so much from £30 right up to £600 :S

#10 MiniFTW

MiniFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Got a 998cc that came out of a city e a few months back, it runs a treat, never ever had an issue with it + its had a new clutch since its been out the car. It was removed due to a 1275cc swap. Looking for £300 for the engine. £350 and some bits like the exhaust manifold ect can be chucked in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users