#1 msuwendy

msuwendy

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

Hi everyone

Need a real help,i'm from Indonesia,here got a problem with all EFI which they dont have any new parts for the EFI and no computer to check the ECU, so in short if one of the parts died we just find another parts from another car 50-50 probability that the parts still in good condition and also we have no idea when the parts might broke again

so now i got a problem of the RPM,the engine shuts down every time i move from "P" (the mini is automatic transmission) to the "R" or "D" position,the mechanic here said that the problem might be in the motor from the EFI Throttle that attach on the top of the engine (pardon my language cause im a newbie), and he recommends me to find another parts to replace it, but what im afraid is there won;t be any guarantee regarding the parts that i'm going to buy.

Another solution is to change the technology back to the card, here is the question,will it be compatible?? is it the same engine i assume mine is 1275 SPI engine, and the only available carbs down here is the single carbs which is used in 1000cc mini will it be ok??

With regard to the transmission,some people said that the Automatic Transmission is a pain in the A**,is it true?? while if its broken is there any new parts to buy??

Please help me ASAP

Best Regards
Marico

Edited by msuwendy, 01 February 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#2 garrymacmini

garrymacmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Look at Sprockets posts in the forum and try the basic checks first, like the MAP vac lines etc then go from there! Spi's can be proper awkward when they decide to be! Good Luck

#3 Captain Mainwaring

Captain Mainwaring

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Local Club: Surabaya Mini Club

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Sampeyan tinggal ndhi Sam?
I might be able to help you......
To convert to carb, you need a 1 3/4" SU carb and a dizzy with points, after that, it's easy, but......I may be going to convert an SPi to carb and dizzy so will have a full set of injection stuff left over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users