minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:48 PM

Hi, i have bought a stage one kit for my 998cc Mini City from MINISPARES

It comes with the RC40 single box (side exit) system and maniflow 3 branch manifold.

i fitted the manifold and inlet manifold no probs as i've done these sort of things many times.

now i try to line up the link pipe and back box. As far as i can see there is only one way these things can go on because the link pipe is shaped to fit around the gearbox linkages etc and also one end is slightly larger to fit over the manifold pipe. the back box is also shaped to fit but it doesnt fit....

because the link pipe has a kink at the end it means if you put the back box on it goes into the wheel! or if i turn the back box upside down it comes out of the middle of the car pointing downwards!! im a pretty decent DIY mechanic and this has me totally stumped... the only thing i can think of is that i have to cut off the last kink in the link pipe to get the back box to point in the right direction... trouble is the hooks that are welded onto the back box are miles away from the hanging brackets!

i really need someone who has fitted one of these kits to tell me what im doing wrong. thanx..

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:04 PM

What manifold have you got, the link pipe on some kits requires the end cutting off when using the LCB as the link pipe is originaly designed for the Freeflow 3 to1 manifold. Dont quote me on that though.

If this is not the case then it might be as simple as the pipe being the wrong way round end to end?????

Just had a look at minispares site at this http://www.minispare....aspx?pid=37334

Is this the one??

In which case you have got the link pipe on the wrong way round

#3 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:28 PM

What manifold have you got, the link pipe on some kits requires the end cutting off when using the LCB as the link pipe is originaly designed for the Freeflow 3 to1 manifold. Dont quote me on that though.

If this is not the case then it might be as simple as the pipe being the wrong way round end to end?????

Just had a look at minispares site at this http://www.minispare....aspx?pid=37334

Is this the one??

In which case you have got the link pipe on the wrong way round

the manifold is a MANIFLOW 3 into 1. no 'y' piece needed..

the link pipe is on the right way round for sure because like i said, one end has been slightly enlarged to fit OVER the end of the manifold. the rear end is the same size as the manifold... so i must have it the right way round. (besides , it wont fit if i turn it around...)

Yea thats the kit but i have the single box system and also the millenium link pipe which is bent more...

#4 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:37 PM

Unless yours has been made differently to every other RC40 ever made it does fit, keep trying and don't cut anything. If you're still having trouble give a shout and I'll stick up some photos of mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users