#1 Remylebleu

Remylebleu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: On my ones :)

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

so, my mini is insured, all legal etc and my policy covers me to drive other vehicles.

i know its illegal if i drive another vehicle that is actually mine and i insure it with someone else as the main driver etc

i have a company van 90% of the time, on the odd occasion i dont have it which is 3 or 4 times a month and i borrowed my partners car to get to work on these 3 or 4 days a month, is this legal?

im not on her policy but i do borrow her car from time to time if mine is off the road for a day or two and i need to pop out, im not planning on driving long distances due to only been 3rd party, just to get to work when i dont have my work van.

the way i was looking it is was, ive paid my insurance for the year, so ive upheld my end of the deal, so surely the insurance company has to honour there end? or is this not the case as i dont own the vehicle anymore?

thanks

#2 Miniowner123

Miniowner123

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

as long as the your insurance is current and you still own the "your" insured vehicle, you are entitled to drive other vehicles third party only, the vehicle you drive must be insured by the owner though

#3 Remylebleu

Remylebleu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: On my ones :)

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

as long as the your insurance is current and you still own the "your" insured vehicle, you are entitled to drive other vehicles third party only, the vehicle you drive must be insured by the owner though

that kind of just told me what i had already said.

what i need to know is, if i sold my car and didnt cancel my insurance am i insured to drive other vehicles or is that illegal?

#4 Miniowner123

Miniowner123

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

no because your insurance wouldnt be current, you'd be insuring a car you didnt own so isnurance void

Edited by Kylie Ann, 16 February 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#5 Chance

Chance

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Just be a named driver on your partners car or dont you want to lose your no claims through not owning and insuring your own car??

#6 iTomKart

iTomKart

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

that kind of just told me what i had already said.

what i need to know is, if i sold my car and didnt cancel my insurance am i insured to drive other vehicles or is that illegal?

Illegal, because that would mean I could insure myself for pennies on a reliant robin I happened to see parked on the street that had nothing to do with me then drive around in any car I want TPFT (with the owner's permission). You have to own the car you have a policy on

#7 Miniowner123

Miniowner123

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

You misread what I put, if you own the vehicle and the insurance is current then you're entitled to drive other people's insured vehicles tpft simples :-)

Nothing illegal about it, read your small print lol

#8 iTomKart

iTomKart

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

You misread what I put, if you own the vehicle and the insurance is current then you're entitled to drive other people's insured vehicles tpft simples :-)

Nothing illegal about it, read your small print lol

Sorry I was referring to what Remylebleu put about what happens if he sold his car meaning he does not own the vehicle anymore. If you own the car then what you said is correct :)

#9 Miniowner123

Miniowner123

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

sorry replied on my phone so im the one that misread your post, didnt notice you quoted him to lol wooooops :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users