#106 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • Local Club: Club Lotus

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

Nice to see a few Black RSPs - bottom one is a Box Hill Mini Club car, and on reasonably low mileage. Owner is just starting a sympathetic resto, which I think is why there's no bumpers :) Original dealer sticker is a nice touch too. Saw a couple of Red ones yesterday and today, plus Tanya's BRG 'Tommy' which was great to see in the flesh - so to speak.

Jason took Tommy, as I had lots of work to do so didn't go :(   Tommy got the gig as he was already dirty and the roads were wet - poor Tommy!  

Jason enjoyed the racing and met up with some of his Mini friends from abroad, I can't remember which country, but his IMMs friends.  

It gets very confusing when you and Rog talk about Jason; I need to change my name. LOL

Saw your Mk1 on telly the other day Tanya and am working on the wife so a MK1 may be the next project (fingers crossed).

Jason

#107 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

Would love to roof chop an RSP and have an RI motorbike transplant up front. Maybe throw away those leather seats and fit some red FIA bucket seats and an alloy dash. Sweet.

Are you mad ?? Its an limited edition there plenty of city's and Mayfair's etc around for you to do that

I do see bright colours and fluffy sheep playing the harpsichord a fair bit. Does that make me mad?

I was just poking fun, would never chop up an RSP. A paul smith on the other hand.....

#108 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

Would love to roof chop an RSP and have an RI motorbike transplant up front. Maybe throw away those leather seats and fit some red FIA bucket seats and an alloy dash. Sweet.

Are you mad ?? Its an limited edition there plenty of city's and Mayfair's etc around for you to do that

I do see bright colours and fluffy sheep playing the harpsichord a fair bit. Does that make me mad?

I was just poking fun, would never chop up an RSP. A paul smith on the other hand.....

Chop them all up; that just makes mine rarer  :lol:  I have chopped most of mine but its going back together now.

#109 exuptoy

exuptoy

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

This was my last road going mini till the 1275 SPi Sprite I just picked up. Bought for £1050 and sold for around £1500 if memory serves me right. It was a few years ago now. Around 11 years ago I think.

Not even sure it's still on the road. Checked VOSA and it shows date of liability Feb 03. Not long after I sold it!!!

PB020039.jpg

PB020042.jpg

Edited by exuptoy, 27 May 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#110 petehuws

petehuws

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:38 AM

10570515_307688849411656_315562668579405

#111 coopersean

coopersean

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

Looks like a lovely car, any more pictures?

#112 PDA

PDA

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:58 AM

Hi Rsp Guys..

I know its about 12mouths ago but the RSP with the 1.4 kit fitted "H18ORE" was my car from new, and the picture is from about the time I sold it. So if you need any info about it ...ask away.

I remember telling Roger from the RSP reg...the story of the car in detail also.

Regards Paul

#113 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

Hi Paul

That's great. I have posted your kind offer over at the RSP Register. :)

Jason

Edited by Wise Old Elf, 14 January 2015 - 08:40 PM.

#114 minidizzy

minidizzy

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:58 PM

I saw H18 ORE at Brooklands Mini Day in 2010 when it was for sale at an undisclosed price. In fact the picture Rougeleo (Roger) posted was one of mine from that day. I was looking for an JCG S converted Mini at the time. I doubt if Hi-Bore would have been in my budget. I did not fully understand what it was at the time but I have since learned.

It must have been the finest Rover Cooper produced.

It was the only RSP to receive the 1400S conversion. H15 PEC (Hi-Spec) and Mike Cooper's H15 FUN (His Fun) both had the conversion but they were Mainstreams. H15 FUN went abroad after the plate had been transferred to another car but H15 PEC appeared in a recently taken photo with Chris Dawson and Tony Franks, both ex JCG.

I wonder how many other 1400S conversions were carried and if anyone had the 1400Si for SPis.

I always wondered about the rocker cover on H18 ORE being different from the MG Metro one in the brochure.

IMG_3678.jpg

#115 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:12 PM

Rog does not know the owner :(  But he says he has your email Paul if the current owner turns up.

#116 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:11 AM

We haven't seen any new RSP for awhile. 

Lets see them :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users