#1 Tony1003

Tony1003

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:53 PM

I know im not the flavour of the week due to my foolish rantings :D :D

However as i am thinkin about breaking my mini i am interested in a clubman estate just wanted to know how they handled in comparison to a round nose saloon ;D

#2 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:57 PM

generally i have heard that they tend to handle a bit better due to the increase in length.

plus they are very cool.

#3 DavesBluey

DavesBluey

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:12 PM

I might be selling one cheep soon if you are interestd, needs a bit of work to get it on the road tho.

#4 Tony1003

Tony1003

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:19 PM

Have you got anypics and how much work is a bit of work :wub: :D ;D May be interested though
:D

#5 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

people do say the longer wheel base is a bit better ;D

i have never driven one :D

#6 DavesBluey

DavesBluey

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:33 PM

needs floor pans welding, complete rear valance and i think it just needs a few patches here and there, was lI bought it as a project just before Christmas but i havnt really got the time or money to complete it. It comes with brand new floor pans and a complete rear valance, number plate panel and seam covers.

these are the only pics i have at the moment

Attached File  estate1.jpg   30.07K   5 downloads
Attached File  estate2.jpg   19.91K   6 downloads
Attached File  estate3.jpg   3.05K   0 downloads

#7 Tony1003

Tony1003

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:38 PM

I also dont think i have the time or money to have a project like that im no skilled man yet when it comes to it still learnin i would like somethin thats drivable as it will be my daily driver ;D

So its true they handle as welll if not better im liking the sound of that.

#8 Lt-SilverDragon

Lt-SilverDragon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:56 PM

Haven't driven a saloon so I can't compare but it drives pretty well but I don't drive mine hard at all I go round most corners without moving the steering wheel pass 5 to 1 (if when the SW is straight its at 12) except on slow bends ofcourse.

#9 Tony1003

Tony1003

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:02 PM

I dont plan on drivin it hard just like to know it can handle well, Its a classic they need to be respected afterall
ive done a quick mok up on photoshop of a plan what you guys think

Attached Files

#10 Lt-SilverDragon

Lt-SilverDragon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:09 PM

Looks pretty good, not a big fan of chrome arches and never liked the look of minilights on CE's though but that blue would look good.

I want to respray mine over the summer but I'm not sure on the colour scheme, been thinking of aqua (light) blue with black roof/arches/mirrors or grey with yellow roof/arches. Sure that will change though can never make my mine up what colour to paint it ;D

#11 Tony1003

Tony1003

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:11 PM

to be honest i do fancy a change from minilights i just shoved them on ther to add some alloys haha as for the chrome arches they are ok haha

#12 Lt-SilverDragon

Lt-SilverDragon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:41 PM

I've had 2 people tell me to put chrome arches on my CE but I've always disliked them on any mini and I've got plans for new arches anyway I've just got to bear with my crappy plastic ones for a few more months.

Best thing about the CE or ME is that you've actually got space to put stuff, my back end is filled with all my junk and if people wan to ride in the back I usually make them go through the rear doors because my seats hit the roof when they're lifted so theres not much space.

#13 Tony1003

Tony1003

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:51 PM

Best thing about the CE or ME is that you've actually got space to put stuff, my back end is filled with all my junk and if people wan to ride in the back I usually make them go through the rear doors because my seats hit the roof when they're lifted so theres not much space.

Ha love that idea i must admit i will be lookin for one very soon

#14 Pooky

Pooky

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:59 AM

I've got plans for new arches anyway

What arches look right on CE's then? I'm currently doing one up as a project and have been thinking about this for a while. I'm planning on making it look low and wide so 12x6 or 13x6/7 deepdish rims will be used and don't know what arches to use, any thoughts?

#15 Lt-SilverDragon

Lt-SilverDragon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:55 AM

Yep been thinking about what arches to use aswell, all I know is that I don't want screw/rivets showing which on a CE will be hard work as I'll probably be using arches from a saloon. I thought I'd settled on sportspack arches as I like the way they look on normal clubmans, can't remember who but somebody on here has a blue clubman with sportspacks and I thought it looked good. Before that I thought group 5s would look good, don't remember which kind though and at the moment I'm really feeling CF miglia arches as I've never seen them on a clubman let alone a CE. At the moment I really want some 10*7s so I should have a little room to work on the miglias so they fit the CE as flush as possible but I'll probably go through about 3 sets ;D if I like the way they look when I test fit them the first time that is I might change my mine again. Don't know why never really like miglia arches or similar big arches but they've grown on me. I also like the look of A Series Supplies arches for CEs but I didn't think it would suit mine but they do look good.

What wheels are you planning? When I was thinking about 13s there were only 3 rims that stood out, the first being starmags which I thought looked good on CEs but way over used, then alleycats which I still think would look good but hard to imagine on a CE or then these babies which I really want but a bit out of my price as they are £600 a set but that includes rubber so I suppose it's a good deal just don't have th

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users