6 replies to this topic

#1 crocstarr

crocstarr

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:06 PM

ive got big fat blended arches on my mini, that i want rid of. well ive cut half of my arches off at the minute, but then realised that i couldnt get any fresh arches until tuesday. i thought this would solve the rubbing problem though, as the arches were hanging over and too much steering would cause contact. but i just took it for a spin and found out that it still rubs on the front left. do i need to cut something, as i have 13 x 7 wheels? also ive had a bit of water holding on the floor, but couldnt find where it was coming from. well i took her for a jet wash yday and found its coming in from the bottom of the doors, what can i do?

#2 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:07 PM

try new door rubbers for the leak not sure about the rubbing

#3 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:08 PM

is the rubbing just on full lock? I think you need rack limiters for 13x7s (and certain 13x6s)

#4 crocstarr

crocstarr

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:14 PM

erm yeh pretty much nearing full lock. where can i get these limiters? easy to fit? sounds like a good idea, rather that than lose chunks out my tyres.

#5 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:15 PM

I know KAD make them (and they won't break the bank, even though they are from them!). I suspect that a few of the biggies may stock them too.

#6 retrodan

retrodan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Local Club: kentish mini's

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:29 PM

i have 13+7 revo's with standard mayfair fack and they dont rub on any lock!!! are u sure its not fowling where u have not cut the arch away enough on the front part of the wing?? just a thought

#7 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:14 PM

As for the water leak, what are the side window weather strips like condition wise? If they are not in fulll contact along its entire length, water WILL get in, run down the inside of the door onto the door cards and into the foot well, usual noticeble side effect of this is rust blistering of the bottom of the door skins and the bottom of the door is usualy shot too. If there is water there and it has only been sitting in the rain, I doubt it will be the door seals, they only leak from the top when its stood standing, not being used. Besides you can usualy see where the seal is a poor contact with the door if it were the seals, just my opinion.

Oh and another thing, if the water is pooling in the bottom of the door seal, then chances are it is the weather strips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users