5 replies to this topic

#1 crb

crb

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:48 PM

am fitting a metro elec distributor to my mini and would like to know what wires go where, one is black&white the other is yellow &white ta chris

#2 icklemini

icklemini

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:26 PM

am fitting a metro elec distributor to my mini and would like to know what wires go where, one is black&white the other is yellow &white ta chris

Connect the white/yellow to the coil '+'
Connect the white/black wire to the coil '-'

Note that if your mini is running a ballasted ignition system (the one that funs at 9v when running)
You will need to run a a new wire from the "live when ign on" fuse to the Coil +, the electronic dizzy needs 12V.

Best to use the proper electronic coil too :\

TTFN,
Dave

#3 dklawson

dklawson

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,923 posts
  • Name: Doug
  • Local Club: none

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:05 AM

This is not to reflect on your question but to raise a flag to those more familiar with the A-series electronic ignitions.

This question seem to come up about once every month or two. I've tried helping people out but I've never seen these dizzies up close. Could one of you who is familiar with the electronic dizzies write up a concise article on the wiring so it can be placed in the FAQ section?

#4 crb

crb

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 03:23 PM

Connect the white/yellow to the coil '+'
Connect the white/black wire to the coil '-'

Note that if your mini is running a ballasted ignition system (the one that funs at 9v when running)
You will need to run a a new wire from the "live when ign on" fuse to the Coil +, the electronic dizzy needs 12V.

Best to use the proper electronic coil too :\

TTFN,
Dave

thanks for the help i have the correct coil as well ta chris

#5 icklemini

icklemini

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:29 PM

Could one of you who is familiar with the electronic dizzies write up a concise article on the wiring so it can be placed in the FAQ section?

As found on interweb somewhere...

Attached Files

#6 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:30 PM

Ummm, once you've fitted a new ignition supply from the fusebox to the coil (in white wire preferably) the original pink/white and white/yellow cables do not need to be re-fitted to the (now 12v) coil. They can be taped over and left isolated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users