• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,014 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

I use a starter button as fitted to a Mk.2 Jaguar as the quality is good. Those key starter switches can be unreliable and the buttons are much better, as well as easier to use and you don't have to turn the ignition right off then back on again to re-start. It can be easy to stall the engine during the excitement of a rally stage and it must re-start immediately.

#17 Orange-Phantom

Orange-Phantom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

Very nice Cooperman! Very very nice! :shades:

#18 smiffy

smiffy

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Local Club: Hull and East Yorkshire

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

couple of pics of my hillclimbers interior for you

#19 Cooperman

Cooperman

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,014 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

That is very well done, smiffy. It's light, functional and easy to see when driving flat out.

#20 tom1

tom1

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

What class do you run in ?

#21 smiffy

smiffy

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Cheers cooperman, it does work well and didnt cost a great deal to do!

I run in class 1a roadgoing up to 1400cc class in the yorkshire speed championship at the moment.

#22 keefr22

keefr22

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Cheers cooperman, it does work well and didnt cost a great deal to do!

I run in class 1a roadgoing up to 1400cc class in the yorkshire speed championship at the moment.

Lovely interior, I really like the functional simplicity. I was reading the SR's for Llys-yr-Fran earlier though (WAMC hillclimb championsip) & the road going class on that one (which we were intending to enter ours in until we had date clashes with both rounds) have to have fully trimmed interiors! So we'd have to run in modprods....

Can I ask where you got the steering column?

keith

#23 Cooperman

Cooperman

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,014 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

Historic rally cars, that is pre '68, have to run with all trim except that rear seats may be removed. Post-historic, 1968 onwards have to run full interior trim, but soundproofing may be removed. In all cases the original instrument panel must be retained, but additional insrumentation, switches, etc, may be added.

#24 smiffy

smiffy

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

This is fully trimmed!

I think all MSA based regs state that even in roadgoing class you can remove the carpets.
It still has all door cards, headlining and rear seat so is classed as trimmed.

I havent had any problems with scrutineers other than needing a rear seat (first event it wasnt there but had thrown one in the tow car in case)

As for the steering column, I made it. Except the steering shaft which was machined up by my local machine shop. It makes so much difference in a mini with bucket seats to bring the wheel more upright and closer to you.

#25 keefr22

keefr22

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

This is fully trimmed!

I think all MSA based regs state that even in roadgoing class you can remove the carpets.
It still has all door cards, headlining and rear seat so is classed as trimmed.

I havent had any problems with scrutineers other than needing a rear seat (first event it wasnt there but had thrown one in the tow car in case)

As for the steering column, I made it. Except the steering shaft which was machined up by my local machine shop. It makes so much difference in a mini with bucket seats to bring the wheel more upright and closer to you.

I was so taken by that lovely dash that I didn't even notice your door cards! And can't see the rear seat! Didn't know that about the carpets, have read the hillclimb section of the blue book so many times but still keep finding new stuff! We do still have a headlining, even if its 'slightly' tatty!

I think your steering column looks superb!

Have you still got the rear companion bins in? I've just chopped ours out to fit the cage properly & don't know if we can be bothered to weld them back in.

But having said that, as our battery is in a box where the rear seat should sit & half the base has been removed to fit it, then it would mean moving that as well to refit a seat. We may just get it logbooked as a rally car instead & run in that class....

Edited by keefr22, 02 April 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#26 smiffy

smiffy

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Yeah the blue book is a nightmare isnt it! Its all there and you get to grips with it but its a minefield to start with!

I left all the seat base and companion bins in to stay in road going yeah, made the cage fitting more fun though!

Mod prod is tempting as you soon stumble trying to stay in road going! I got moved out at one event for not having bumpers fitted (deseamed front and rear) which classed as altering the silohette. I have them fitted now and the car looked better after anyway, but it was still irritating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users