#1 Volf

Volf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:34 PM

Hey guys and girls...

Whats the best way to gain power from a 1275? Right now, can only really spend money on carbs for now, So what would be the best set up for more power? And if posable, Set up so it dosnt drink the petol in one day!... Obblesy, what ever I choose, or advised on, I will take it down to a rolling road and let them tune it... anyone know of any near my area? Buckinghamshire.

#2 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:37 PM

the first thing to sort on most engines is breathing. Get a decent, well developed head, and then look at what you're plugging into it. A decent carb is useless if the head can't deliver or expunge the fuel and gasses that pass though it.

IMHO......

When you say you can only afford carbs, what sort of cash are we talking about here?

#3 Volf

Volf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:41 PM

Ill keep that in mind... As for the state of the egain... well, Parents have gone to look at it with my brother (Was once a mini nut like us! But too old for em now)

Its a 1275 block, not sezed up, still turns over by hand acoring to the seller... But its in a real state and would need a complete rebuild :ermm: No idea what state the gearbox is in, or what the head is... Oh well, Will find out tonight if its a yes or a no...

#4 clubman katie B.F

clubman katie B.F

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:22 PM

i added a duplex timing kit and an sw5 cam to my stage 1 1275. spent a bit of time getting the timing spot on with the dial gauges and i love the motor noe...can't wait to get it in a roadworthy car again. HIF44 is a must too methinks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users