3 replies to this topic

#1 a_woolhouse

a_woolhouse

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

i ran the mini through the winter months as he's in a bit of a state and fancied keeping the corsa as tidy as possible, he's in desperate need of some TLC (new door skins, scuttle ect) but thats got to wait a bit as theres no room at the inn lol

bought him a set of chrome wing mirrors and a chrome filler cap cover in september last year & as you can probably guess the salts been fairly unkind to the whole car not just the chrome.

just wondering if there's any way of making it look better, they've gone all scabby and as chrome usually does a tad bit corroded looks awful if you as me.

Cheers for any suggestions

#2 porl

porl

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Local Club: Minis n Oatcakes

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Best way to protect it is to keep it polished I find

#3 a_woolhouse

a_woolhouse

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

bit late for that now haha!, i did try keep it polished but didnt really work :/ they love chuckin grit along the s bends in congleton and loads of it :(

#4 6joshh6

6joshh6

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

If you have any pitting starting, one tip I found was if you get some aluminium foil and some water, dip the foil in water and wipe the pitted section of the chrome. It starts a chemical reaction which removes rust but leaves the chrome untouched, simply keep a layer of polish on it and it should look nice and stay rust free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users