3 replies to this topic

#1 Ollie's going to the mayfair

Ollie's going to the mayfair

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:09 PM

please please help me. i have problems with my 85 maaifr when it comes to the electrical side of things.

right to start with my fuel and oil gauge doesnt work at all, next my indicator interior flashers have ceased to work, aswell as any interior lighting. when i have headlights on my clocks lights are very dim and as soo as full beam is aplied the whole cabin lighting turns off.

if anyone has any idea what the hells going on weith my car id love to know so please take time ot message me back, many thank - ollie

#2 Wil_h

Wil_h

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:38 PM

That's a lot of things going wrong, it's pretty difficult sat at my computer to be of much use.

What I would suggest is that you clean all the fuses and connections in the fuse box to start with.

#3 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:38 PM

Hello. Dam electrics are not the best part of a mini. You want to first try and check all your connectors. I've been having probs where the fuse box connectors are corrided and work some days and not others. Or there could be a dodgy ground somewhere. This can cause your light's to go right dim and I think could make things trip off when you put lights on. But be warned I am new to the mini so don't take this as gospel. But this is what I've been doing with all the checks and mine works now :proud: write back with how ya get on.

#4 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:42 PM

Do your hazards work? If not that could well have been a dodgy switch which would also cause your indicators not to work if it failed. If it shorted while failing it'll also blow the fuse that feeds the hazards and interior light (hence interior light won't work!)

I'd check your earths and as has been said clean all the connectors and fuses as that might well cure your headlight and dimming problems. Also I'd check the voltage regulator (little box at the back of the instrument cluster) because if that failed your gauges and gauge lighting would go all funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users