Photo
- - - - -

Setting Carb Up For First Start Up On Modded Engine?

engine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oliver122

oliver122

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

hey guys , so ive rebuilt my engine (1275,276 kent cam , stage 3 head 35.6mm x 29.4mm stage 2 maniflow lcb into a 1.75 rc40 twin box and minispares alloy inlet ) and im almost at the stage of getting it running , but how do i go about setting the carb to get it running as its currently out mot and tax so i carnt drive it to be set up on a rolling road 

cheers guys

#2 jaydee

jaydee

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,565 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

What carb you're going to use?

#3 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

Set the cable to have 1/8" slack.  Set the idle stops to be just clear of their cams (on an HS the fast idle cam should be held in the position where it just starts to move the jet and then have the stop set just clear).  Wind the jet flush to the bridge inside the carb choke, or as high as it will go if it won't reach flush, then wind it 2 full turns rich.  Fill the damper with oil to 1/2" below the top of the inner piston tube inside the dashpot.  Start.

I've written this in much more detail in the past, search for 'initial position'.  This tuning will not be right for the engine, but won't be very far out and is safe.  It will get the car running and from there it can be tuned properly.

#4 oliver122

oliver122

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

What carb you're going to use?

hif 44

and cheers for the help guys 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine

1 user(s) are reading this topic