#1 unionjack1989

unionjack1989

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Hey guys

As we start our restoration of a classic 1989 Austin Rover mini 30th anniversary edition we wanted to start a thread so A) you all can see and B) you all can help us.

Neither of us are very experienced in rebuilds and where to start etc. Jack has trained as a mechanic but we do not have access to a professional garage and is being completed on our drive with a garage (already another mini in garage) so it can't be put in there.
I have always been a mini fan, my dad and brother used to race them at banger racing, my brothers had several different mini's however when it came to me i wasn't aloud one as my first car. Dad was worried about my safety i think. So this is my bargaining chip 7 years after passing my test lol.

My dad brought the mini about 6 year ago and it has sat on our drive ever since. He doesn't remember how much he paid (doesnt think it was alot) just that it was from Billericay. It hasn't had any tax since 2000. It doesn't run as yet and my dad could never seem to get it to run. We have had it turning over so we know that the engine has not seized.

We started yesterday buy stripping the interior out. Next job is engine.

If anyone has any advice and tips much appricated, if anyone has any good websites for buying bits please let us know and also if anybody followed or used any books to guide them in rebuild could you let us knoe.
Any help with wiring would also be much appreciated as we feel we are going to struggle with this.

Thanks
Jack and Steff

Here are some pictures for you to see. Half way through inside before we took pictures. Front end is not bolted of so we lift off when we doing work to it.

Attached Files

#2 unionjack1989

unionjack1989

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Anybody got an advice?

J + S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users