1 reply to this topic

#1 Minigirl

Minigirl

With Steve

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

well after growing up with minis in my family i became a very proud owner of my first mini when i learnt to drive (a red 87 city) she stayed in my family for 3 years and then i sold her as it was becoming too hard to keep her on the road :( ......i only managed about 6 months before wanting another so then bought a mini 35 who stayed with me for 5 years. unfortunately i had to sell him when i split with my ex. i've never regretted anything more  >_< now nearly 2 years after been without a mini i really really want another :D  to me, a mini isn't just a car,it's a hobby, a part of your life and i miss that....not just the owning a mini but all the fun that goes with it, being part of a club and going to shows/meets etc. i kind of thought it would go away after a while and i'd find something else to entertain myself with - but nope! 

so what i wonder is....does the mini bug ever really go away? how can such a small car have such a huge influence on your life??  :lol:

until i find another job, or a man with a mini (or both) i can't go out and buy another as i live alone and i couldn't afford the expense....so until that changes thankyou TMF for giving me a little bit of happiness when i log onto here and get to look at all the pretty cars and projects. it makes me realise my mini dream maybe isn't so far away after all  :gimme:

#2 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,047 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

I bought my first Mini just over 50 years ago and I have never lost my enthusiasm for them.

Of course, I would not have one for everyday use as, to me, they are now an iconic classic, but for the sheer fun of driving they can't be beaten.

They are slow, unreliable and uncomfortable, but that's all part of their on-going charm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users