#1 v-tec van

v-tec van

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

HELP .......

I went to have the van mapped yesterday but they couldn't do it as the TPS was only reading from 50-100% it had a constant 2.3v when there was no throttle applied. Also the ecu was reading -23 but the dash was reading 88 both use the same temp sender in the head. Has anybody any ideas before I start taking things apart

Could it just be something as simple as a bad earth on the engine.

The car starts and runs fine (on the base map) but as the temp reads -23 it's not kicking the fans in

P.s
Dta s60 ecu
Honda k20 engine
Zcars loom
Etb digi dash

#2 ZCars Steve

ZCars Steve

Z Cars

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

the TPS does something similar if the signal and power terminals are in the wrong position drop me an email to [email protected] with a pic of the TPS plug showing the wire colours if possible and I will check my notes for you

The temp sensor reading could be down to scaling the dash will use a different scale to calculate the temp also if you use one sensor for two devices to read it plays havoc with the resistance giving wildly inaccurate readings to solve this use the sensor supplied with the digi-dash mounted separately in the water lines  

it is still possible that both of these problems are caused by faulty sensors although that would be an unfortunate coincidence  

Steve

#3 v-tec van

v-tec van

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

Thanks Steve

I had a look at weekend. You were right about the temp I removed the wire to the dash and It cured the ecu thinking it was -25.

There were 2 wires crossed on the tps sensor so that's cured too now.

I'm having trouble tho finding the female recepticle pins that go in the blue tps plug. ???? Are they available ???? main dealer only ???

Cheers

Chris

#4 ZCars Steve

ZCars Steve

Z Cars

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

the terminals are available through our loom supplier I would have to check to confirm price but drop me an email and I will sort it for you

Steve

Edited by ZCars Steve, 04 June 2013 - 09:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users