7 replies to this topic

#1 Pasty-man

Pasty-man

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

A need for help has brought me here! I've had my 2012 cooper cabrio bonnet replaced after light damage but panel gapping doesn't appear too great noticeably at the top corner up near the bottom of windscreen/top of wing. Now if it wasn't for the fact that it has good gapping everywhere else I would say adjustment would fix but now it's got me thinking...this is allegedly an original factory part but I cannot see any 'identification ' on the underside that would support only a sticker with tz17264. Can anyone have a look at the underside of their bonnet for any telltail signs please!?

#2 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

If it wasnt raining I would pop out and check my mums BINI but im not doing that right now in the rain, Someone may be able to assist shortly

We are primarily a classic mini forum but there are a number of members with New ones which may be able to assist, also worth trying the MINI2 forum which is primarily for BMW minis :) worth putting your eggs in many baskets and all that :)

#3 Pasty-man

Pasty-man

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Thank you! I did get that impression but never the less thought it may be worth a shot!

#4 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

I would have thought that it would have BMW or MINI stamped into the underside on a flange or something if it was genuine

#5 Pasty-man

Pasty-man

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

Exactly, as would I! Hence my concern its a pattern part made to poor tolerances. I'm still awaiting admin acceptance to post on mini2.

#6 Pasty-man

Pasty-man

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

If no one on the net can confirm some dealer is going to have an strange customer this weekend wishing to look under the bonnet of his next potential sale lol!

#7 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Local Club: MINIS Unleashed

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

My MINI doesnt not have a stamp, only a sticker. ( 2010 & 2012 models ). If the gap isnt equal then its probably down to poor fitting. id take it back and ask to get it sorted.......

Did a BMW bodyshop do the work?

#8 Pasty-man

Pasty-man

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Without a doubt I will ask them to sort it and yes it was a dealer shop that did the work but In light of a conversation they had with me when they told me there would be a delay in getting the bonnet as there wasn't one in the uk, I'm sure you can see my thinking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users