#1 pbeardmore

pbeardmore

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Local Club: Box Hill Mini Club

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

I am lucky enough to have a very original 94 Sprite purchased last Autumn, at the shows and online, I have seen many lovely chrome or stainless steel parts that can go into the engine bay. Obviously they are easier to clean and they do look nice but another part of me says that after all this time, its best to keep it original. I suppose its a matter of taste.. any thoughts?

#2 maieth

maieth

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

On an older mini, I'd say keep it classic. But with a more modern car, it's totally your call. It's not likely to make classics enthusiasts all hot and bothered if you put a few bits of chrome on a '94 engine unless you're trying to concourse your car.

I think a few carefully chosen bits of chrome or stainless in the engine bay can make it look much neater and tidier, so long as you don't go too far. If you like the way they look, it's your car ultimately - if the shiney bits make you smile, then put them in.  Best thing about parts like this is that most of them are just press on covers that can be easily removed.  If you want to sell up you can remove them ahead of selling, and you can always put them on ebay to get a few quid back. Equally, if you decide to clean her up for a more classic look, someone will be more than happy to take them from you for a few quid cheaper than retail.

On a seperate note, where you can, go for stainless steel rather than chrome, it will last longer and clean up better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users