BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hi there,

Cant seem to find the answer, if I did a 10 inch conversion from my 12 inch at the momement will this increase my insurance by a lot, im 18 and have one years no claims, thanks

#2 ShaunaFTW

ShaunaFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Local Club: TurboMinis

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

I can't see why it would. Converting mine didn't put it up anyway (:

#3 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

I can't see why it would. Converting mine didn't put it up anyway (:

What wheels did you put on and did you tell the insurance company?  thanks

#4 ShaunaFTW

ShaunaFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

I put them on while restoring the car, this is the first time I've insured it. I've declaired upgraded disc brakes and just put that I have steel wheels (because I do haha) With Adrian Flux, they send you the papers through and there's a section that tells you how much mods put on your premium, I had £0 on everything and upgraded brakes were one of them.

#5 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

I put them on while restoring the car, this is the first time I've insured it. I've declaired upgraded disc brakes and just put that I have steel wheels (because I do haha) With Adrian Flux, they send you the papers through and there's a section that tells you how much mods put on your premium, I had £0 on everything and upgraded brakes were one of them.

Ok thanks hopefully it wont increase my premium then

#6 Gremlin

Gremlin

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

I believe conversion kits are quite expensive so I can't see why a few more quid on your on your insurance is worrying you too much?

#7 ShaunaFTW

ShaunaFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

I can't remember how much mine was, about £200 I think! They range from about 150-500 from minispares I think, depending one which one you get/how much of the stuff you need. I can't see why they would increase it because it's not making the car any more dangerous/more likely to steal? 

#8 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Yea the cheapest ones are about £200, ive got 12 inch steelies at the moment painted them gold and they look okay but I much prefer the 10 inch as it looks way better plus 10 inch wheels are cheaper that 12 or 13 as I like the 6x10 ultralites

#9 ShaunaFTW

ShaunaFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

Didn't you see the thread about how much 10inch steelies sell for now? I prefer 10inch wheels but if your willing to pay out for the conversion/tyres/wheels I don't think a few squid on your insurance would matter (not that I think it will go up) 

#10 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Didn't you see the thread about how much 10inch steelies sell for now? I prefer 10inch wheels but if your willing to pay out for the conversion/tyres/wheels I don't think a few squid on your insurance would matter (not that I think it will go up) 

Its (only) about £600 in total :shy:  I need new brakes and wheels any way as there getting on, also getting some new dampers as there also not the best, but hopefully in the future I will be turboing or something similar when insurance goes down I save up so not sure wether to ket the cheap convertion kit or get some four vented four pots opinions welcome  :proud:

Edited by BronkoMini, 20 July 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#11 ShaunaFTW

ShaunaFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Well in total (I know a guy at minispares :P) converting to 10inch wheels, buying steelies/tyres/hub caps/tracking all came to about £500, mines had new dampers too! But again the price range on them is quite wide. 

#12 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

Well in total (I know a guy at minispares :P) converting to 10inch wheels, buying steelies/tyres/hub caps/tracking all came to about £500, mines had new dampers too! But again the price range on them is quite wide.

Yea very true

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users