4 replies to this topic

#1 spitfire_bob

spitfire_bob

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:50 AM

I dont like slating people from this website but MINIDAVES really took the p**$ on sunday!!!
I contacted him regarding an electric webasto he had for sale (below are some of pm I sent asking about it)

is the webasto any good in the open you're breaking?
if so what ££ ??
Cheers
Bob[/QUOTE]

yep webasto is good, looking for £300ish make me an offer

dave[/QUOTE]

Blimey that was quick!!
defo no leaks/rips any where?
could you supply a template for fitting in to roof?
wolud it come with wind deflector/roof lining?
where abouts do you live( thinking about collection)
cheers
bob[/QUOTE]

i would cut the roof of the car as one item so would come with everything no rips and it does not leak

[u]dave

Anyway I also rang him just to make sure all was ok as I lived 150 miles away!! & arranged to meet sunday morning
so got up early sunday filled up car and set out! 2 1/2 hours later got there and could not believe it!!!
there parked under a tree (where it had been for 18 months!!!) was on open classic with a tyre sitting on an absolutely filthy sunroof :thumbsup: :( :( :P :xxx: :xxx: & lo an behold there was a lovely tyre shaped hollow on roof giving it a lovely rippled effect :ermm: ;) (had the nerve to say all it needed was a bit of sun on it,then turned round and said probably better being re covered)
was then told he'd not even tried opening it for god knows how long
got it working albeit slowly ,still not a happy bunny!!!
then the final straw.....asked him to get a bucket to check for leaks (remember I had asked him if it leaked via pm and phone) and...........guess what!!!!
yep it leaked :xxx: :xxx: :xxx: :xxx: :xxx: :xxx: :xxx:then told me he hadn't even checked before I came down
I could not believe he had bullsh*$$ed so much I was fuming to say the least
I have given my address to him asking for £15 petrol money which I think i fair as it cost me at least £40 for my 300 mile trip!!!!so hopefully he will show some common decency and send me a cheque
sorry to go on but I hope this will serve as a warning to anyone dealing with this idiot!!!!
Oh well you live & learn I suppose!!
Bob

#2 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:46 AM

oops i almost bought that roof :'(

but thought £300 was too much so didnt

#3 beemerduck

beemerduck

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:01 PM

thats the chance you take isn't it, having to rely on peoples honesty !!!

many a time I've gone to look at a mint car to find a badly painted rotbox >:thumbsup:

#4 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:02 PM

Not very good at all. Experience with Daves so far has been good for me. A shame honestly let this one down!

#5 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

shame about that mate, for the record, anything i sell will be of exact description. thats so annoying when that happens, i feel for you mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users