2 replies to this topic

#1 The Fat Leodensian

The Fat Leodensian

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

I'm going to teach our lass to drive in Beigey ('88 city).

Now.. The 7X13's are allright for big fat me, but they tramline like a tit and make the steering way heavy on parking.
Sarah (bless her) is only 5 foot and size 8, so its time to downsize the wheels.

I would love to go down to 10's as I think they handle and ride the best. My '79 special is sitting on the alloys she was born with, mated to a cooper S set up, and even on all standard suspension will out handle my city on 13's, no matter how many upgrades i seem to throw at it.

So, does anyone know a good cheap way to convert an 8.4" set up to accept 10 inchers. Ive been looking at the price of conversion kits from minisport etc and i just cant afford it.
Failing that there is a safe, cheap way to convert to 10's. Would anyone like to swap some nice 12's (i like revos and minilites) For a set of 13X7 superlites in good nick?(plus dosh either way condition depending) I wouldn't be to bothered about rim width as long as the tyre was 165 'because they're the best on a 12".

Any thoughts?

Al :thumbsup:

#2 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:57 PM

Search for fiesta brake conversion, there are a couple of people on here who have done it ( Prawn & Pickup76 are two that I know of )

The alternative is to use 10x6 wellers which can just be fitted over 8.4's but need some spacering or modification to the calipers.

#3 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:58 PM

what about the fiesta conversion :(

have a look in the projects section :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users