10 replies to this topic

#1 charliebudd

charliebudd

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

I am currently in the process off building a new mighty mini for next year. 

need some inspiration with regards to colour scheme. any ideas ? pictures? 

#2 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

Britax colour scheme is my peronal favorite.

#3 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

I love the Britax scheme as well. One worth mentioning, when we race our electric cars the drivers always complain about not seeing one car, it is painted grey and blends in with the track. Might not be the most interesting colour but could be good for some sneaky overtake manoeuvres!

#4 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

I love the Britax scheme as well. One worth mentioning, when we race our electric cars the drivers always complain about not seeing one car, it is painted grey and blends in with the track. Might not be the most interesting colour but could be good for some sneaky overtake manoeuvres!

I think that's the problem, people wont be able to see you :lol:.

#5 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

That's what you want ;-) sneak up and past before they know what has happened! I know our next car will be grey for sure.

#6 Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts
  • Local Club: aint no body got time fo dat

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

That's what you want ;-) sneak up and past before they know what has happened! I know our next car will be grey for sure.

If you have to sneak up on someone you are doing something wrong;). And if you sneak up on someone, don't expect them to give you a line! Slam crash!

Green and white always works nicely. Two tone white lower and green from the windows up?

#7 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

If you have to sneak up on someone you are doing something wrong;). And if you sneak up on someone, don't expect them to give you a line! Slam crash!
Green and white always works nicely. Two tone white lower and green from the windows up?
Nothing wrong with the old sneak up and pass, Its a classic tactic, let the car in front fight it out with the one in front of them. While they are distracted you whip past before they have chance to shut the door. Used to do it all the time on bikes, but that was two strokes and the vibration meant you couldn't see a thing even if you had of bothered fitting mirrors.

A nice dove grey with white roof would look gorgeous and do the trick. I wouldn't copy anyone else's colour schemes, do your own thing.

#8 Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • 4,435 posts
  • Local Club: aint no body got time fo dat

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Hahaha true!! But there will be the time when you go for the dive up the inside, and they don't see you and take their line, meaning you have nowhere to go:D

Which is why we have cars painted in lamborghini orange, red, yellow, lime green, gulf colour scheme, and.. Well... A F5000. You can hear them..

#9 MINI MAD RKH

MINI MAD RKH

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

Here's an idea, paint a stripe right down the middle of the car, (it doesn't even need to be in the middle) about half as wide as a Cooper stripe

So we take the Britax colours, yellow n blk, right? Paint one side of the car like that inc. the roof. ie: yell n blk

I think yellow, white n blue is a great colour combo so

paint the other side of the car dk royal blue (like Tahiti but non-metallic) & the roof dark grey (like mine :D )

then the stripe on the body can be white and the roof silver (to contrast the black n dk grey)

#10 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

I saw one at the Mini festival painted as a spitfire/warbird which looked good so something like that would be excellent, or the dazzle camouflage that you get on brand new cars before they are released as camo (also used on battleships to disguise the shape of them) 

2011_range_rover_lrx_test_mule_spy_shots

220px-USS_West_Mahomet_(ID-3681)_cropped

#11 minitman

minitman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

You have to go a long way to beat a well done Gulf paint job. there is a cracking new one on some of the other forums here. Deakin1988 (I Think) had a lovely picture of it as a choice. I believe he went for a JPS look, which I should like to see, but any of the older racing team colours were cracking. These are old motors we are driving and I think we should stick with older images. Just my opinion of course.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users