BigDave99

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Local Club: NA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hey guys

I have a 2000 MPI. Recently had the slave cylinder plate fail causing the pin to dislodge and subsequently loose all my hydraulic fluid. After hours of wrestling the damn thing out I found that the plate was cracked and did not have the bolt and spacer fitted on the left side and the pin was actually bent.
I replaced the plate, pin and slave cylinder with second hand items and put it all back together. I bled the system with the truly EPIC assistance of my wife with almost no moaning but struggled to get much pressure. Eventually I got enough for the clutch to move freely.
Here's the problem, if I don't drive the car for a day or two I find the pressure drops and it takes a good few pumps of the clutch peddle to get enough there. So I have a leak right? Is it likely to be the seals on cylinder which I didn't replace or is it somewhere else? I know it's hard for people to say but some past experience is always helpful I find for trouble shooting.

Regards and thanks in advance
Dave

#2 KernowCooper

KernowCooper

Sparkie

• Mini Docs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Kernow Mini Club

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

If your pumping it and it works then you have air in the system, if your pumping it and the fluids disappearing you have a leak. look inside at the base of the clutch master cylinder and pull the boot back on the slave and check for fluid loss.

If no sighs of fluid in either of the 2 places mentioned above then its air still.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users