2 replies to this topic

#1 Adamvtec86

Adamvtec86

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

just got a zcars k20 and every time my foot is off the throttle it pops and bangs like a machine gun. (sometimes sounds like a back fire?) also if I'm doing 30mph in 3rd/4th gear and boot it, it revs up but then has a major flat spot before continuing. happens at different low revs (not when the vtec kicks in) 

Any ideas? new map needed? 

also it has a 4speed box and i get a crunch (small one) going up into 2nd but not going down into 2nd...........the car was sat before i bought it, thought it could be a sticky clutch but it only happens in 2nd.

new gears needed? adjustable? 

Thanks,

Adam

#2 RemKingston

RemKingston

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

I get a similar problem.  Are you using a Hydra EMS?

#3 ZCars Steve

ZCars Steve

Z Cars

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

the sound you are describing can be caused by the fuel setup depending on your ecu this can be solved as simply as turning of the fuelling on over run in a DTA S series ecu with Hydra you would need to have a dyno technician alter the fuelling for you

as for the Crunch into second there could be a few possible reasons but short of seeing the car I can only recommend you make sure you use Honda's correct gear oil or Fuchs sintofluid as the wrong gear oil will shorten the life of the gearbox massively

hope this helps

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users