• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tinysam747

tinysam747
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:21 AM

hello 

im new here and im thinking of getting a mini as my 1st car (im 17 and learning to drive now) as they are a amazing british invention and also lots of people say they are very fun and with these crazy insurance prices seems like and amazing 1st car and i am at collage studying vehicle maintenance and repair so i know a bit on cars i just finshed my 1st year at collage and starting my next year in september also ive been moved into the extention group so i must be doing something right so id like to know a couple of things i have been told they are very easy to work on is this true also i bmx so i was wondering if its possible to fit 2 bmx's in the back or if not 1 or cant fit any as this will be a help as its going to make my desijen a lot easyer also this is the mini im looking at could u give me your thoughts thanks

http://www4.autotrad...us/40?logcode=p

(sorry for my bad spelling and that im highly dyslexic)

thank you very much for your time

#2 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

Hi, welcome to TMF. I'm not sure you could fit 2 bmx's on the back of one but you could buy a roofrack/roofbars to put them on.

the mini looks in quite good condition from the pictures, But Rust is the main issues with mini's, you need to be careful of bodges with filler and fibreglass "repairs". if you are quite far away ask them to send more photos of any rust, the scuttle panel, front of the wings, the bottoms of the rear quarter panels and the sills. If you can take someone with you that knows a bit about mini's so that they can check it's not a lemon. Don't buy the first one you see (unless you know it is the right one), there are probably better ones out there.

#3 robminibcy

robminibcy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

a friend of mine used to put 2 mountain bikes in his mini by taking out the passenger seat and putting them in length ways. This still meant there was room for 2 people as well!

#4 tinysam747

tinysam747
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

thanks guy and yes i shall take my grandad with me when i got a look at them as he has a had a couple a love classic cars and has full restored spitfire mk3 him self that he did over the years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users