• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 miket

miket
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

Hello,

I just bought a 1996 spi mini in surf blue and am having coolant problems. After driving about 120 km to a car show the car began spitting coolant out of the overflow tank. About a week ago I topped up the coolant in the rad. About three weeks ago I had the rad flushed and filled. Interestingly after I lost some coolant the guage read a little cooler. Did I simply put too much coolant into the system? Could my problem be a simple as a bad rad cap? I performed a compression test and found about 150-155 on all cylinders and so I don't think I have a bad headache gasket. Also it doesn't smoke. Any thoughts? I love the car but am scared to drive it as is?

#2 miket

miket
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

My other question relates to the spi mini overflow tank. Does this act as an expansion tank where coolant is sucked back into the system, or is it just to collect coolant that would otherwise end up on the ground? I just checked my coolant level in my rad after cooling for an hour and it  is just above the fins. Should I add more coolant or wait until the morning and check it again? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users