2 replies to this topic

#1 Bam

Bam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:44 AM

I want to make a dash like this. i am going to remove the bottom dash rail cover (the top one has already been removed) and then rivet it to the top and bottom dash rails.

can i re-route the choke on to the dash or does it have to stay in the same place?

also does any body have a template for the standard dash?

Thanks.

I can't get photos on to the computer, it keeps saying that the file is to big. :errr:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...bayphotohosting

#2 Tom Sanderson

Tom Sanderson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:55 AM

you can remove the lower dash rail and replace it with a piece of box section, also put a piece of box accross the top, level with the top rail this will give you the shape. then pop rivit the alloy across the top on the top side of the top piece of box, right up to the bottom of the windscreen. the face is dead flat then, which makes it a lot easeyer. then you can add dials at your lesiure. rember to cut some slots in the top part to allow for the windscreen vents.

hope this makes sence.

the main reason for people putting dash boards in like this is so that they can cut out the bulkhead and fit webber carbs etc.
the choke cable can be fitted anywhere, just drill a hole and bolt it in. easy enough

hope i was some help.

#3 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:45 AM

Theres templates for a standard dash in the FAQ section, you may have to blow the cobwebs away when you go in there though, it rarely gets visitors!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users