#2161 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:09 PM

I wonder if the Queen has ever had a McDonald's.

Did Harry or William ever get a happy meal as kids?

#2162 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 12:04 AM

What's the point of Christmas lights?

I mean I enjoy them but they serve no purpose at all apart from pointlessly lighting up the front of someone's house.

#2163 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 07:13 PM

What's the point of Christmas lights?

I mean I enjoy them but they serve no purpose at all apart from pointlessly lighting up the front of someone's house.

And they can be distressing too, like to some people on this side of the pond:  

I don’t mean to be a grinch however.. to those of you who are placing Christmas lights/decorations in your yards, would you please avoid anything that has Red or Blue flashing lights together? Every time I come around the corner, I think it's the police and I have a panic attack. I have to brake hard, toss my beer out the window, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn my radio down, and push the gun under the seat. All while trying to drive. It's just too much drama, even for Christmas. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

#2164 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 12:02 PM

White ones that slowly flash are the ones that annoy me. On more than one occasion I think I have been nicked by a speed camera and all it was, was a set of Christmas lights coming on and then going off.

Surely the solutions would simply be, no flashing lights. Ones that stay on fine, but not flashing ones.

#2165 mister bridger

mister bridger

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:03 PM

White ones that slowly flash are the ones that annoy me. On more than one occasion I think I have been nicked by a speed camera and all it was, was a set of Christmas lights coming on and then going off.

Surely the solutions would simply be, no flashing lights. Ones that stay on fine, but not flashing ones.

Amuses me that every time there's an article on the news they have to warn you about flashing lights. Are Xmas decs somehow different?!

#2166 Steam

Steam

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Local Club: Victorian Mini Club

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:20 PM

Christmas gives me the shirts, but really guys, if you don't like the lights just don't look at them already

#2167 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 01:28 PM

I made my own lights this year. Coloured E14 bulbs, no flashing.

Looks beautifully old fashioned. Will up load a picture later.

#2168 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 07:15 PM

lights.jpg

#2169 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 07:16 PM

20 normal bulbs over 14m. The picture doesnt really do it justice, they look even better in the flesh.

#2170 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 05:56 AM

Anyone else reckon that Elon Musk is one industrial accident away from becoming a supervillian?

#2171 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:46 AM

If you woke up in someone else's body, what would you do to prove you are you and not the person you look like?

#2172 sledgehammer

sledgehammer

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 11:09 AM

Banks used to say ' no face coverings'

now they say you must 'wear a mask'

#2173 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 01:27 PM

Banks used to say ' no face coverings'

now they say you must 'wear a mask'

Petrol Stations used to be the same. Motorcyclists used to have to take their helmets off. Now they can leave them on.

#2174 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 31 January 2021 - 02:28 PM

Petrol Stations used to be the same. Motorcyclists used to have to take their helmets off. Now they can leave them on.

No, they didn't. Petrol stations had no more right to demand that a motorcyclist remove their helmet than they had to insist on the removal of a niqab. I've had a ruck with several and now carry a letter from Shell:

"Thank you for writing to Shell.

Your feedback is important to us and we would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.  

Please be advises that motorbike customers are no longer automatically being asked to remove their helmets when refuelling, as we know that you have to be 16 or over to ride one.

Where customer assistants are unsure that the customer is aged 16 or over, they will ask the customer to remove their helmet, lift their visor or show their identification. We are asking customers to remove their helmets or lift their visors inside the shop, as a courtesy to the site staff and other customers. However, this is not a mandatory requirement."

That generally puts them straight!

#2175 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 05:34 PM

No, they didn't. Petrol stations had no more right to demand that a motorcyclist remove their helmet than they had to insist on the removal of a niqab. I've had a ruck with several and now carry a letter from Shell:

Please be advises that motorbike customers are no longer automatically being asked to remove their helmets when refuelling, as we know that you have to be 16 or over to ride one.

mjwj is correct. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users