#1 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:31 AM

Im going to be making a dash for the car but my dad was wondering how it fits onto the car. Is it using brackets or what? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mini 360

#2 Tom Sanderson

Tom Sanderson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:36 AM

what sort of dash?

#3 PurpleDaisy

PurpleDaisy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:50 AM

If you're uber lazy like me then there's things like this on eBay

MiniSpares also sell clips to fit them doon't they?

#4 The Fat Leodensian

The Fat Leodensian

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:57 AM

Im going to be making a dash for the car but my dad was wondering how it fits onto the car. Is it using brackets or what? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mini 360

Usal way is too or three brackets that have a right angle at either end. These attatch to bolts in the back of the dash (wingnuts are easiest). The brackets hook behind the bottom and top dash rail and then you bolt the dash to the brackets using the glovebox or eyeball vent holes for access (very fiddly!!) The more holes the dash has that can be covered from the outside after fitting, (like mounting the clocks on a seperate plate) The easier this method is. Ive bought 2 dashes in my time and made 1. The one i made fitted much better and i could put everything where i wanted it.

Al

#5 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:20 PM

what sort of dash?

Vynil covered MDF. Or thats the plan at the moment anyway. Thanks everyone for the speedy replies. :errr:

#6 Lt-SilverDragon

Lt-SilverDragon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:38 PM

I tried to be smart so I bolted some magnets to the top of my dash in hopes that they'd hook onto the metal under the top dash rail but no luck so I just pushed it in and drive about like that withot it being attached to anything. Only had a problem once and that was when I went over a speedbump but I've been over loads since then without a problem. I did route out a lip on the top for it to fit better which would have worked better if I made my dash better (I cut the top in a straight line instead of a curve) :errr:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users