#1 Minisamwellen

Minisamwellen

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Local Club: Colchester Mini Club

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

Right, so I thought it was about time that I started to document the progress on my Mini, which so far consists of removing bits, and well, that's about it  :lol: 

So I got my hands on a 1990 Mini City E which has hardly any rust and is a great runner, it has MOT until July 2014 but no Tax. With it I was given a set of 5 steel wheels and 4 wheels that are supposedly original Minilites that the seller had refurbished for the sale (Very unlikely) but either way I'm happy with them as they have brand new Falken tyres and the wheels don't have a single mark on them. I also got a few odd bits and bobs like replacement windows and seals to go all around the car. 

So that's it, I'm not sure how regular the posts will be but I'll post every time there's some worthwhile progress. I'm open to all comments and criticisms.

Cheers, Sam :-) (Pictures to follow) 

Attached Files

#2 silve1999

silve1999

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Local Club: MiniFreakz, Brighton Mini Club

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

nice solid project you got there

#3 Minisamwellen

Minisamwellen

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

nice solid project you got there

Thank you, itching to get it on the road to be honest!

#4 vortexjim

vortexjim

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

Look forward to seeing your progress, what you got planned for it?

#5 Minisamwellen

Minisamwellen

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

Firstly I should be getting it resprayed in the next few weeks, maybe in a glossy Black but I'm not too sure yet. Then I'll move on to the interior which to be honest needs a complete re-vamp as its looking so tired, the seats have basically had it and the dashboard is a bit dull. I'll also put in a lot of sound deadening and some new carpets. Looking to get some exposed carbon fibre weave bumpers and some new 10" wheels, not sure on what grille to get as of yet though. Then it will be a case of sorting out some ICE and security. I'm not really looking to upgrade the engine much at all, I'll probably fit a stage one kit but that's all as I want to keep my insurance down (as I'm 18 and insurance prices are just a complete rip off). 

Cheers, Sam  :-)

Edited by Minisamwellen, 21 August 2013 - 01:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users