4 replies to this topic

#1 robminibcy

robminibcy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

Hi, been looking at quotes for my car. its a 79 998 with stage 1, alloys and driving lights all declared Im quoted 1100 tpft. that's with no no claims, own another car 5000 miles social and commuting and parents named drivers.

if I change the car to a 83 mini (so the exact same car but 4 years younger) drops to just over 700!!!!!

I guess im going to have to bite the bullet and just pay up but very frustrating. will do a bit of phoning up around first and also want to contact my current insurer on my golf (diamond) as ive heard they still do classic policys for young drivers (im 19)  or maybe they will be able to offer a multi car policy.

any advice/ suggestions welcomed!

#2 waddle

waddle

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:12 AM

admaral and diamond are the same company aswell if you didnt know already rob,  so you can like mix and match the best bits  :D

#3 lyndseyp27

lyndseyp27

A little bit little

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

hey, i was with diamond for my fiesta and then called about classic insurance for my mini also - it worked out cheaper for me to take out a brand new policy on both cars as a multicar policy with Admiral - i lost the months that i had accrued for my no claims bonus for this year (only a couple of months) but i am now only paying £89 a month for two cars and i have an accident on my record (i am 23 though).

Hope this helps!

#4 Yoda

Yoda

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Local Club: Medway mini club

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

do a bit of phoning up around first

That's the only bit of advice you need. Phone them. Forget online quotes, especially with a Classic car.

Edited by Yoda, 30 August 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#5 998kid

998kid

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

I rang my insurance broker that I am with for my '89 mini thirty, with whom I am paying 914 a year for, then asked to either transfer it or see how much multicar was, they wanted 3500 for my 1980 clubby estate!! Just because it is older!!

I told them to shove it and after some phone calls got it down to just over 700 a year

I'm 19 and have a year and half no claims

Josh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users