23 replies to this topic

#16 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:24 AM

Not many would admit to that andrew, brave man!

#17 who_loves_the_mini?

who_loves_the_mini?

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:14 PM

You all should do a run on the PS2 and get a time and then try and beat this on the actual track. have a prize for both the fastest lap and the one who either beats or gets closest to their PS2 lap time

#18 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:28 PM

GT4 is the one and only reason I have a PS2.. honest guv :-

#19 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:24 PM

Whats the fastest time anyone has done on the ring then? I did mine in a Jaguar Race car. Cant remember what it was though. I think it was something like 5.35.5. Im with you though Guessworks. I only bought mine for GT3 and 4.

There is a classic type of mini on there by the way. The Marcos shares all the running gear from the classic Mini

#20 andrewinlondon

andrewinlondon

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:37 PM

Okay, okay - time to be a party pooper! As the BH2NR organiser responsible for the 'Ring organising and safety briefings etc, I have to stress that you must NOT TIME yourself while going around the 'Ring as this will only end in tears....

This is a really strong message on Ben Lovejoy's safety briefings on his Nurburgring.org website, and also on the official sites. (The 'Ring administration can also take action against anyone caught timing themselves I belive).

The point also is that a good 1/3 of the 'Ring is uphill!! If you want to keep dropping into 1st gear and 2nd gear to max out your mini for over 3-4 kms etc, and end up with a very overheated, over-stressed engine when you're tackling the really fun and fast back 1/3, then go ahead! The PS2 cars don't suffer from such real world issues. For this reason alone there's no point trying to go for a comparable time.

(Different story if you're in something modern with an engine capacity of 2-3,000cc's plus, that can still accelerate up hills...)

Remember, this trip is meant to be a celebration of the mini as an iconic car, and a celebration of two iconic race tracks. We want everyone coming home with their minis fully intact.

Please be respectful of these points as we've only got everyone's best interests at heart.

Sermon over.

#21 andrewinlondon

andrewinlondon

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:01 PM

And if you don't belive me... take it from the experts: Nurburgring Warning!

And here's the link to the Safety Leaflet that I encourage all of you to read: Safety Briefing

#22 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:04 PM

Well said Andrew. Its not the kind of place you'd want to break down let alone crash, firstly the recovery cost is a bit large and secondly the amount of traffic and the speed of traffic passing you would be scary. Remember Motorsport of any kind is dangerous!

Anyway, i've just watched the video for the first time and its amazing how alike the gt4 track is to the real thing! Excellant video, cant wait to get there!

#23 andrewinlondon

andrewinlondon

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:39 PM

Anyway, the fact that minis are relatively underpowered compared to most of everything else on the track (except for the odd bus), makes for quite an enjoyable lap.

Reasoning: by just cruising up the hilly bits lets most of the really fast stuff go past, then I found I had a relatively clear track for the fast and curvy last third of the 'Ring without much traffic getting in my way.

#24 dougie1142

dougie1142

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Local Club: I.M.O.G

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:07 PM

Major dig up of old post, but thought i'd add:

YOU CAN GET THE OLD MINI, its in the Japenese version of GT4, but was removed from US/EU versions of the game for some fangled reason, if you can find a Jap version of the game you can get it in there >_<

Hopefully GT5 will have it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users