#1 rally1380

rally1380

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

Hi Guys.

Just a heads up for anyone interested in giving a road rally a bash (even if it isn't in a mini)

Its a Beginner/Novice event so you don't need a competition licence and the event is all on tarmac so no special prep to the car required.  Obviously if you intend on getting air on every yump you come to then a sump guard might be an idea!!!  But there is a class for standard cars and the organisers have said no whites or farm yards will be used.

The event is run by Telford Auto Club, and we entered this event last year as our first ever road rally and found it a great event to do as a complete beginner.  There where loads of people around to offer help and the event itself was very well organised.

So get an entry in and get hooked on road rallying!!!!

PM me if you want any pointers or advice, otherwise download an entry and have a bash!!!!

http://www.telfordautoclub.co.uk/

PhotoTemplateRoamerliteNovice2012IMG_004

#2 minisi35

minisi35

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club shropshire

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

Just read on the finals no spectator information will be given for this event

#3 rally1380

rally1380

• Members
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Just read on the finals no spectator information will be given for this event

Yeh...bit of a bummer eh.  No one will turn up anyway.

#4 minisi35

minisi35

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

Well done dave And jennie, 20th overall and first family crew!

#5 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,041 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

Well done Dave & Jennie,

The Mini looks in fine fettle as well. Ride height is right for rallying.

No spot lights?

Pete

#6 rally1380

rally1380

• Members
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Well done Dave & Jennie,

The Mini looks in fine fettle as well. Ride height is right for rallying.

No spot lights?

Pete

Hi Pete.

That's last years photo....when we finished 17th O/A and 2nd in class.

This year the event was south of Shrewsbury and ran from Much Wenlock and the very kind West Mercia police don't allow spot lights! 

Plus this year we used this.....

960024_554292217969430_888360646_n.jpg

There was a cracking mini acting as course car though!!!!

#7 minisi35

minisi35

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

https://m.facebook.c...109379&refid=13
Looks like me lol
First time out and it held together

#8 MrJamJar

MrJamJar

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

Cant believe i haven't found this thread earlier!

I used to do a lot of Road Rallies with the old boy in a Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI. We did the Telford novice in 2010 where we were seeded at car 8 (I think... Its been a while!). Cant remember whether we finished or went OTL, but i remember it being so well planned around novices.

After a few years off doing off-road racing with my uncle, im hoping to come back to road rallying this year with a friend of mine in his Micra. We started talking about it in the pub one night among friends and now they all want a go! Looks like a lot of educating about plotting, reading the map and shouting at the driver is needed! :P

I think we're going to get back into it by going for a couple of 12 cars to see if my friend likes it, and hopefully progress onto some National B rounds after having a shot at the Telford Novice. Might even have a go at driving on a few 12 cars myself when the Mini finally gets finished!

Hi Guys.

Just a heads up for anyone interested in giving a road rally a bash (even if it isn't in a mini)

Its a Beginner/Novice event so you don't need a competition licence and the event is all on tarmac so no special prep to the car required.  Obviously if you intend on getting air on every yump you come to then a sump guard might be an idea!!!  But there is a class for standard cars and the organisers have said no whites or farm yards will be used.

The event is run by Telford Auto Club, and we entered this event last year as our first ever road rally and found it a great event to do as a complete beginner.  There where loads of people around to offer help and the event itself was very well organised.

So get an entry in and get hooked on road rallying!!!!

PM me if you want any pointers or advice, otherwise download an entry and have a bash!!!!

http://www.telfordautoclub.co.uk/

PhotoTemplateRoamerliteNovice2012IMG_004

Planning on doing any yourself this year? If so, let me know and ill see if im free to come up and spectate/marshal or even be cheeky and ask to navigate for you ;D haha.

#9 rally1380

rally1380

• Members
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

Planning on doing any yourself this year? If so, let me know and ill see if im free to come up and spectate/marshal or even be cheeky and ask to navigate for you ;D haha.

Ha ha...you'd have to fight my wife for a seat next to me!!!!  And trust me...you'd loose!!! ha ha!!!

Got a fair few rallies planned for this year. Last year was my first full year competing, so plan doing far more, but have a load to do on both cars.  The Ibiza needs a load of cash spending on it to get it proper rally ready (such bad english!!!)  The mini was (and i stress 'was') going to have a full resto this year, but I want to do a fair few events in that too so a new paint job will have to wait...although a few planned modifications may appear!!! :shifty:  We'll probably compete in your area at some point this so keep your eye out on my build thread for upcoming rallies.

As for you rallying in a Micra....great car to compete in, and loads of people using them. Plus they are quite quick even if they do look like postman pats van...ha ha.

#10 minisi35

minisi35

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

thought id post the one of me and the new car running as course car on that night

8AF58178-370A-41B2-8EB3-C25715BA50B8_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users