#1 Goacher65

Goacher65

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini Club

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

I am undergoing a restoration of a 1275GT that was fitted with a Webasto roof in its early days. I'm looking to build it to fast road/trackday spec, have the cage etc. My question is, does anyone know of a mini that has had a roll cage fitted with a Webasto. I have a SD 6 point cage, and am at the point of fitting it but having some troubles getting the cage in position. Wondering if I am to remove the roof to fit the cage whether it will fit again after or whether I'm going to have to look into re-skinning the roof.

If anyone know, or even better had a photo I'd love to see it so the project can progress further!

H

#2 sherly

sherly

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

I've got a rear roll cage and an earlier Britax roof (from an Austin Maxi so quite large).  I'll try and sort a pic for you.

The webasto should be removable OK if it helps fit the cage - my Britax has been removed/re-fitted three times over the years and all seems OK, just try not to bust/lose any fixings (although most Webasto stuff is still available to buy, unlike Britax).  I was concerned that I may not be able to slide the roof back far enough before the handle hit the cage....luckily it's just right! 

#3 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,047 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

I think you'll find that a Webasto roof is not allowed in competition.

#4 sherly

sherly

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

I think you'll find that a Webasto roof is not allowed in competition.

Are Webastos allowed on trackday cars? The OP only mentions track days as opposed to competition.  I'd be interested to know as the odd track day here and there would be fun.

Here are a couple of pics of mine.....roof shut and open (from the inside).

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users