#1 The Fat Leodensian

The Fat Leodensian

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:20 AM

Beigey past her MOT! yey!

I have fitted a 1275 A-plus head (12G9blabla) to Beigey's 998.
I did this a couple of months back when the original head went duff. (i didn't have a spare 998 head).
This was only supposed to be temporary whilst i got round to sending the 998 head off for mending ,so i didn't pocket the block!
All i did was offer the head up on a new 1275 gasket, give it a slight nip and carefully turn the engine over by the wheel. This all seemed fine so i bolted everything up. Even though copression was slightly down from the 998 head, she fired up no probs. Ive been running like this for a while now together with the usual stage 1 stuff. Ther's no way i want to go back to a 998 head because this one has made a BIG difference. Shes torquier, revier and fastererer!.

But,... Ive got to do somthing about the valve clearances. The tapping is getting a bit noticable and i don't want to wear anything out. Thing is,: i'm scared that if i adjust the rockers i'll hit the block with the valves (disaster!!!)

hmmm what should i do?

Al

Oh, and i'm still open to offers on wheel swapsies

#2 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:53 AM

The way I see it, if you can't adjust the valve clearances apropriately theres no way you can keep that head on the engine with the set up you currently have.

#3 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:57 AM

Do people have an aversion to posting tech questions in the tech section?

And I agree with Jammy. If you don't want to adjust the tappets for fear of valves hitting things then you seriously need to get it sorted properly. You're doing the cam no good at all!

#4 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:10 AM

Do people have an aversion to posting tech questions in the tech section?

Oh yea! Moved.

#5 The Fat Leodensian

The Fat Leodensian

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 11:39 AM

Yeh, point! I meant to post in Tech. was half asleep. tsk.

Your right 'bout this. I think i'm gonna just put the 998 head back on and set it all up properly untill i can afford for somone to pocket the block for the 1275 head to work at a higher compression and with an evil cam.

Al

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users