1 reply to this topic

#1 Woody94

Woody94

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

To update my previous posting, my current setup is 7.9 vented disks with mini speed 4 pot aluminium calipers. I have purchased a set of 10x5" Dunlop d1's these foul on the calipers, I have also tried the same with 10x5" Cosmics with the same issues. Success was achieved with my brothers 10x5" 100+ wheels. The question is does anybody out there know of a wheel setup to which I can fir to the above braking system, I don’t particularly want to go to 10x6" as these will foul on the arches.

1 option is to go for a 7.5 solid disk cooper s setup, but obviously this is going to be expensive and of unknown braking efficiency in comparison to my current setup. I would really like help on this as I have become very frustrated. 

#2 ikissminis

ikissminis

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Local Club: redditch mini owners club

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

Depending upon your engine setup, downgrading to a cooper s setup could well be a viable choice. This standard setup is excellent for anything up to road-going 1380's in my opinion, when coupled with correctly setup suspension. It will certainly give you a lot more flexibility with wheel choice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brakes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users