#1 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:26 AM

Right-ho.. heres a quicky.

I have a 1275 metro engine, unleaded, with a 27.5cc head. According to AFracings excel document i get the following results...

Posted Image

Now, according to my compression test (although i did do it cold because i ran out of fuel last week :lol: ) im making 12bar/170psi across all 4 cylinders. And the engine was claimed to have covered just over 45,000miles.

If i am really running 8.4:1 compression ratio, and my compression test seams good (yeah?) is there any point in having a rebuild?

My main aim is to run the engine as it is, with 10psi of boost, avonbar hi-boost needle and a Megajolt system. Quite possibly a Mirage manifold and T2 Turbo. I will also be upgrading from the intercooler i have to a nice large front mount for better flow/cooling.

Dave

#2 minimole

minimole

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:49 AM

I would say at the very least it would be worth inspecting the engine like the oil pump and even the shell etc...

#3 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:51 AM

I would say at the very least it would be worth inspecting the engine like the oil pump and even the shell etc...

I was intending to replace the shells, mains, oil pump, thrust bearing and water pump at the very least..

Just is it worth leaving the pistons alone, in my eyes 12bar seems very good to me, i just wanted other peoples opinions.

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users