6 replies to this topic

#1 soppa

soppa

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 05:29 AM

I think my present carburettor and inlet manifold are wrong to my engine. I think that those are from 1000 engine and I have 1275 engine. It is remarkable that some rotation speed engine starts bit congeal??
Question is can I install any carburettor and inlet manifold which are intended to Mini??? Are carburettor and inlet manifold brackets same any engine type? If someone sels two throttle inlet manifold and dellort carburettor, can I be for sure that those thinks are fitted to my engine.

Question two. Does any exhaust manifold fit to any engine?

#2 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:44 AM

from what i've seen all mini inlet/exsaught ports are basicaly the same apart from on say a stage 3 head which has the inlets ports on the front rater than the back. so pretty much you can fit any carb or exsaught but the inlet manafold is normaly a pretty universal affair. apart from on dual carb set up.s

#3 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:54 AM

from what i've seen all mini inlet/exsaught ports are basicaly the same apart from on say a stage 3 head which has the inlets ports on the front rater than the back. so pretty much you can fit any carb or exsaught but the inlet manafold is normaly a pretty universal affair. apart from on dual carb set up.s

Not really right at all.

Stage 3 heads do not have the inlet ports at the front of the head, 7 and 8 port heads do, which are a different type of head entirely. All 5 port A series heads have the inlet and exhaust ports at the rear, no matter what stage.

Inlet manifolds are not universal. The manifold has to have the right stud spacing to except a specific carb, so you won't be able to use a webber manifold for a different type of carb. However, if it has the correct stud spacing at the head end for an A series then yea, it will fit on any A series cylinder head. Whether that particular carb will work well on a given engine depends on the carb and engine its going on, for instance a 45 DCOE webber won't work well on nearly all 998s.

As for your first question, I really couldn't work out what you are asking, however I hope I have somewhat answered it above.

The second question. Yes, technically any mini exhaust manifold will fit any mini cylinder head, however its best to use one thats meant for your engine size, ie. Freeflow LCB or standard small bore manifolds on small bore engines, 3-2-1 LCBs or large bore manifold on large bore engines. This way you won't be restricting a large bore engine, or losing back pressure on a small bore engine.

Edited by Flappyplasticbits, 19 May 2006 - 10:39 AM.

#4 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:29 AM

mental note : must stop giving advice....as i suck at it.

#5 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:35 AM

mental note : must stop giving advice....as i suck at it.

Lol, practise makes perfect mate! If need be just do a quick search and simply copy what someone else has wrote! :P :lol:

#6 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:41 AM

To fit a delorto you will also have to make bulk head mods like in the webbers.

The carb that should be on your engine will wither be 1" 1/2 or 1" 3/4 HS4 or HIF44. The HIFF 44 from a metro with manifold will be fine up to around 115bhp

#7 soppa

soppa

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:09 PM

To fit a delorto you will also have to make bulk head mods like in the webbers.

The carb that should be on your engine will wither be 1" 1/2 or 1" 3/4 HS4 or HIF44. The HIFF 44 from a metro with manifold will be fine up to around 115bhp

From where I can noticed what carburettor I have. Is there code or what and where is it? Did I understand right that I don't have to buy new carburettor if I have this HIF44??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users