#1 miniman86

miniman86

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Local Club: smag, Waltham Abby

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:57 AM

i have been given a britax (i think) sunroof and i was wondering how hard it is to install it myself? do i need any templates and has anyone got some they could email me in pdf form or someting, and can i use the existing rooflining? cheers alex

#2 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:29 PM

i helped fit mrs bungles sunroof

Posted Image

hers was a electric roof (full frame) all we did was place it on cardboard and draw around it and made a template like this

the cutting of the roof was the hard bit , the guy i used to fit it had a nibbler and cut the roof cleanly with no dust
but if your using a jig saw or something it wont be easy or clean

once the hole was cut it was fifted on and small bits trimed off untill it fitted

then it just bolted on , to make the bolt holes the guy had a hole punch again clean hole and no dust

that was it fitted

we also bought a manual roof like im guessing you have

i didnt fit this roof in the end as i was told its best to have a template with this type although what i was going to do was fit the roof in some 3mm plywood then once happy use this as a template

#3 miniman86

miniman86

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Local Club: smag, Waltham Abby

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:10 PM

ok mate thanks, so if i do it in the wood really i shouldnt go wrong in the car (theoreticially) do you think i would be better doing it myself or getting someone else to do it? im going to put it into the white mini (you have most prob seen it in projects) so when i get the van back from welding this wil be back off the road. also so long as i dont slip the roof wont need too much touching up will it? cheers alex

#4 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:47 PM

our roof needed no touching up :P

as for

would it be better doing it myself or getting someone else to do it

cant help

it depends how you think about making a big hole in the middle of your mini :lol:

#5 PurpleDaisy

PurpleDaisy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:22 PM

Could you not just cut a big hole in your roof, & then sellotape some clear acetate over it or something? Would take all of 10 minutes, & cost a fiver!

Oooh.. sellotape... maybe that would fix my leaking sunroof....

If I were you I'd get someone else to do it, wouldn't want to hurt my Mini :lol:

Try [email protected] (doon't quote me on that)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users