#1 Fossy313

Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hi guys, took my mini to the garage finally because it was going through break down after break down. Anyway I have finally started to get somewhere, after 7 months of repairs etc etc, from any of you who know all the problems I have had, the fuse is now fixed, all the suspension is now complete, the Coolant problem has now been sorted. Firstly I just want to say a big thanks to rob and most of the mpi guys who have helped me with all the things I have had to do. The majority I am pleased to say I have overcome myself and the mechanic I took it to said I have done a top job.

At the moment the mechanic who has had a good look ober it has said she is running lean, and is positive its the maniflow system I have on it, it's decatted and has a straight through lcb out to a single box twin pipe.

Now being as though its an mpi I can't do alot to the engine to help, what an I do? Will a cat make all the difference?, could a fuel pressure regulator do it, or is it a case of just changing the exhaust, I am in the foreseeable future looking at upgrading the head and going down the fast road spec (hence the exhaust system) and this will obviously get the more fuel into it, but will it solve the problem?

Edited by Fossy313, 28 October 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#2 Dylan8660

Dylan8660

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

My recent lean running problems were down to fuel delivery, first I changed the filter then cleaned the injectors in a similar way to this method,   Although I found a cone from a silicon sealant tube did the job of his syringe.  I also gave the fpr a good blast of carb cleaner while I was there. It runs much better and the mpg is up.

#3 Fossy313

Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Thanks mate I will take a look :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users