#1 Dave K

Dave K

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hi,

I bought my son a 1987 Mini Advantage back in January this year. Someone had played about with it without knowing what they were doing by the looks of it. Car was a rough runner and the PO had it looked over by a garage. They fitted electronic ignition but didn't set it up right, they also did a raft of other work amounting to over £600 in all.

Over the past months I have sorted the car out so it runs like it should, retrimmed the interior and got it mainly looking half decent, still some work to do but my son who is using it to learn to drive in loves it.

I'm no stranger to working on British cars I restored my 1961 Jaguar E-Type over a period of 8 years so luckily working on the car does not present a great problem, only access to various parts of the engine.

So over the coming weeks months I will be posting various questions, my first, is there a manufacturer's handbook online somewhere that I can download? I want to know what should be on the car and where it is.

Should the car have a wash wipe facility on the stalk? The wipers come on when pushed up to the first stop, however I noticed that you can also push the stalk down as if you can do a single wipe of the windows but nothing happens.

Lots more questions to follow, I'll hopefully post them in the right section. I'll post a few photos when I get the chance.

Dave

#2 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • Local Club: Club Lotus

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

Welcome.

Some brochures on here but can't see one for yours http://www.roblightb...hures/index.htm

Have a look at 

http://www.theminifo...mini-advantage/

Jason

Edited by Wise Old Elf, 20 November 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#3 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hi..and welcome to TMF and enjoy your mini..................... :proud:

#4 mariagomzan

mariagomzan

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi I am new here I like this forum very much becuse mini is my favoriout car and my passion these cars..........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users