Photo
- - - - -

1963 Morris 850 - Rebuilt 1098 Engine In & Driving!

• Please log in to reply
696 replies to this topic

#691 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,229 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 11 November 2020 - 09:37 AM

Not much progress on anything yet... I have got a few parts ordered in - new caliper seals and pistons, CV boots, wheel bearing seals, new pair of discs and green stuff pads. That should be about 95% of the parts for now, I also need to double check the rear wheel cylinders to see what size they are and if they're still in good condition. The plan now is to get everything rebuilt, greased, painted and shimmed and ready for installation and do the disc swap once I sort the wheels. 

Attached File  IMG_4138.jpg   215.92K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4187.jpg   147.29K   2 downloads

#692 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:30 AM

I bought another steering wheel  :D

This is an Aussie made Maxrob, this one is stamped on the bottom spoke, has a nice thin wood rim in excellent condition and was tapped ready for the mini boss. Pretty much perfection!

Attached File  image_from_ios.jpg   121.11K   1 downloads

It's now officially time to sell off some of my steering wheels as I have way too many I never use!

#693 Gilles1000

Gilles1000

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 05:07 PM

You could install one wheel per seat in the car, like those on merry-go-round ? :)

Or do you even have too many for that?

That looks like a very nice wheel by the way!!

#694 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:31 AM

You could install one wheel per seat in the car, like those on merry-go-round ? :)
Or do you even have too many for that?

That looks like a very nice wheel by the way!!

I’ve managed to sell a couple over the weekend and I’m down under 10 now! I’ve got another couple listed, hopefully I’ll be down to my favourite 5 very soon..

In other news, wheel choice (the road wheels) has been confirmed and will be ordered soon!

Edited by timmy850, 22 November 2020 - 08:31 AM.

#695 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 12:08 PM

I was ready to order the new wheels yesterday, but just before I completed the order I got a message from a local mini guy saying that he had some wheels I might be interested in... They were essentially exactly the same wheel as I was going to buy - just they have the older type wheel caps. Of course I was interested so I went up to his place this afternoon

Here we have some Minispares Minilife wheels in 10x4.5, silver with the machined lip. One thing I really like about these is the stainless nuts and washers, which means the wheels aren't chewed up by the nuts overtime you tighten them. They're in awesome condition and I'll end up swapping my A008's onto these wheels as they only have about 1000km on them

Attached File  IMG_4607.jpg   58.05K   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4614.jpg   45.46K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4611.jpg   69.76K   1 downloads

Way back in January 2013 I borrowed my grandpa's mini and went along to my first ever mini show, the Minis in the Gong annual show.  As it was the first big mini show for me, I got to have a good look at all the different modifications that everyone was doing to their cars. At the time I was especially interested in getting some new wheels, so I took photos of lots of different wheels and flares combinations and one of them was my favourite - this Cooper S with some Minispares Minilife wheels. In a funny twist of fate, these are the wheels I've just bought  :D

Attached File  IMG_2365.JPG   96.51K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2543.JPG   79.54K   3 downloads

Another car I've seen a lot with the same Minilife wheels was this lovely S, which is about the same colour as my car and was always really clean and a good inspiration for me!

Attached File  IMG_7001.JPG   82.34K   4 downloads

Edited by timmy850, 25 November 2020 - 10:00 PM.

#696 Jared Mk3

Jared Mk3

Has a small thing but it does make a difference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Local Club: MOCKZN

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:55 PM

Perfect wheels for your car  =]

#697 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 03:23 AM

Perfect wheels for your car =]

Thanks Jared! I’m glad to finally have some chosen and in my hands.

I’ve got no mini drives planned during the next 2 months, so this will give me a good amount of time to get the brakes all sorted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares