2 replies to this topic

#1 DugganC17

DugganC17

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

Ive been thinking hard the last couple of days of what route I am going to take engine wise when I rebuild my saloon and value for money wise I have chosen to go for a r1 engine with either a promo subframe or one of my own as will be cheaper than a full blown a series and will rev higher than ten thousand lol

But back to the topic I have been thinking that track days might not be enough and thought about racing against other mini with engine conversions but then I remembered about the 750 motor club which has a class for front engined road going bike engined cars under 1000cc so an r1 would be eligible and so cooool

Here's slink for info on it for any one interested http://www.750mc.co....ormulae/rgb.htm and http://rgb-racing.org.uk/rgbwp/

So do you guys and girls think it would be wise to follow the regs for the class while restoring the car so that if I ever wanted that bit more than a track day I have a car that is eligible

I hope this gives others out there ideas on how they can use they r1 minis or other motorbike conversions

Cheers for reading Dan any info or opinions would be great fully received
Q

#2 summs116

summs116

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Local Club: Mini 7 racing

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:22 AM

You can do the all comers races at the mini festivals as well
It's worth building the car to msa spec as your rebuilding your car