#1 guesstimator

guesstimator

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

Hello again!!

I was wondering if anyone has ever recorded the original maps programmed into the original ECUs???

is there some reference manual or website? can't seem to find anything this specific.

Cheers!

#2 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

No it's coded into the Motorola chip and its a specific format so hasn't been dumped AFAIK.
Without anyway to programme anything with it even if you could figure out what each cluster does it's a dead end mate. This is the main reason you won't find any information on it.

FS

Edited by FlyingScot, 11 December 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#3 guesstimator

guesstimator

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

ok, not looking to alter it. But I've been working on an alternative ECU, plug and play, which just fired up yesterday for the first time. was more curious about the logics and "tricks" used by the original ecu on the Siamese port scenario. Also curious about the specific differences between the cooper and non cooper versions.

cheers

#4 Shep76S

Shep76S

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Local Club: L&SMOC

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

I thought the 1275 cars from the mid nineties on were all the same output and therefore the same map?

#5 Fast Ivan

Fast Ivan

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

the MPI's were on the same map, 96 on. there were two different ecu's though for the MPI, not sure on the difference but the bhp remained the same.
the SPI's had a number of different ecu's, in terms of bhp I think there are two variations, standard spec and cooper spec.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users