That's brilliant mate! All out of paper? Madness! :D

#32 MINI FOR EVER

MINI FOR EVER

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

Thanks a lot not only for your comments but also for your encouragement.The whole build is out of water-color block paper,except the plastic windows along with the plastic coffee sticks used for the suspension and exhaust system.The interior is fully carpeted (I decided to leave the crossmember),front and rear door cards were installed(treated to look like leather-suede combination),as well as speaker board under the rear seats.Bootlid straps were also added.Going on,I built the front mk3 style grille,front halogen headlights and spotlights.I forgot to mention the silver bonnet stripes!Here are some photos.More to follow soon.

Attached File  M1 (101).JPG   180.8K   35 downloads

Attached File  M1 (100).JPG   158.53K   73 downloads

Comments welcome as always.For anyone interested,feel free to ask for more photos of a specific part-stage of the build.

Edited by MINI FOR EVER, 02 February 2014 - 01:02 PM.

#33 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

Looks good mate, could you stick up a few pics of the engine? Will you be making the wheels from paper also?

#34 MINI FOR EVER

MINI FOR EVER

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

I'll post pics of the engine as soon as is fully finished,in order to see the engine compartment finished.So stay tuned!At this specific stage of the build,the suspension system is fully finished,including front suspension-brace bars as well as rear suspension with  movable radious arms.Looking the fourth photo closer,you can notice the leather-suede effect of the rear left doorcard.

Attached File  M1 (127).JPG   146.1K   35 downloads

Attached File  M1 (128).JPG   147.3K   37 downloads

I'm waiting for your comments!

Edited by MINI FOR EVER, 02 February 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#35 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

Hats off to you mate! Have you built anything like it before? Or do you plan to do any other cars after?

Edited by olds_kool_lews, 21 December 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#36 albo

albo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

clever stuff,,but to be honest looks more like a renault ,,think the old 4 with the slopeing back,,  and a bond front end,,  O_O

#37 MINI FOR EVER

MINI FOR EVER

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

No that's my first paper model.I want to finish it first and then I'm thinking about a classic vw beetle,but who knows.What about your rc metal mini build.Are there any updates to follow soon?As I said it's an inspiration for me.As I was reading a thread about your real projects,I saw it resting on a self in the background (the picture shows a vw camper).

Edited by MINI FOR EVER, 22 December 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#38 MINI FOR EVER

MINI FOR EVER

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:43 PM

clever stuff,,but to be honest looks more like a renault ,,think the old 4 with the slopeing back,,  and a bond front end,,  O_O

It's the most economy way to build a model.The total cost is very low.Taking into account,it's a paper model,built from scratch and above all it's my first ever paper model I tried to make it as close as possible to the real mini.Help me through your comments to improve not only the model,but also my paper crafting skills!

Edited by MINI FOR EVER, 22 December 2013 - 12:42 AM.

#39 MINI FOR EVER

MINI FOR EVER

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

I decided at this stage of the build to leave the outside of the car along with the engine for a while and build the interior of the car.I always loved the mpi dash,in Tahiti blue color,in contrast with light brown carpets,door cards,upper and lower dash rails.Forgot to mention the dashboard is also equipped with a glove box(leather-suede look),two speakers and white ''smiths'' look gauges.Specially made switches,were also added.Wiper and lights controls were installed,waiting for the steering wheel.Pedal box took his position,along with the gear stick-knob and handbrake lever.Last but not least the color matched extra carpets.Two pictures reveal the build of the rocker cover and spark cables and another one the partially built head liner.Sixth photo reveals the radiator along with it's plumping(blue samco!) also.I present the finished boot liner too!

Attached File  M1 (135).JPG   159.58K   22 downloads

Attached File  M1 (148).JPG   199.55K   52 downloads

Attached File  M1 (155).JPG   155.4K   25 downloads

Attached File  M1 (174).jpg   20.72K   23 downloads

Too many photos added for a more spherical view of the interior!Comments welcome as always!Forgot to mention,almost 900 views,in less than 10 days.Thanks to all of you for watching my thread.I wait for your comments-instructions!

Edited by MINI FOR EVER, 02 February 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#40 albo

albo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:48 AM

It's the most economy way to build a model.The total cost is very low.Taking into account,it's a paper model,built from scratch and above all it's my first ever paper model I tried to make it as close as possible to the real mini.Help me through your comments to improve not only the model,but also my paper crafting skills!

i couldnt improve on your origami skills,,i can only  just wipe me arse and make paper aeroplanes lol,,interior looks great,,talking budget saving didnt the french make a paper car,,the trabant,,keep up the good work,, :proud:

#41 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

No that's my first paper model.I want to finish it first and then I'm thinking about a classic vw beetle,but who knows.What about your rc metal mini build.Are there any updates to follow soon?As I said it's an inspiration for me.As I was reading a thread about your real projects,I saw it resting on a self in the background (the picture shows a vw camper).

Nothing more on mine to report yet, waiting till after Christmas now so I can afford some more metal box section and some small angle iron so I can get the door frames and screen surround built, then I can get the front end finished which just leaves the roof and steering then, should come together quickly then :)

Glad i can be an inspiration! Even if its just 1 person! Keep up the good work, looks great, can't wait to see it finished!

#42 MINI FOR EVER

MINI FOR EVER

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

Good morning to everyone following this thread.Almost 1000 views in 9 days!I'm waiting for your comments also!At this stage of the build I got busy with the exhaust system from the exhaust manifold to the end of the exhaust system.Some of the pictures posted,show my first rocker cover attempt(that's why the colors don't match the reality in contrast with the final rocker cover,where everything is,as it should be).I took the decision to turn it into a slightly modified mpi mini,installing instead of the usual rear valence,a self designed diffuser(if everyone wants more detailed photos of the diffuser,feel free to ask) and a second exhaust too.You can also see the finished rear bumper at the last picture and you could have a better look of the rear radius arms too.

Attached File  M1 (119).JPG   128.79K   27 downloads

Attached File  M1 (131).JPG   32.8K   29 downloads

Attached File  M1 (154).JPG   154.54K   28 downloads

Edited by MINI FOR EVER, 02 February 2014 - 01:09 PM.

#43 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

Mate I think ur inspiring me! Not me inspiring you! Great job!

#44 MINI FOR EVER

MINI FOR EVER

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

Update!The roof is totally finished (British open style),hood is ready (lightened and sound deadening supplied),front and rear discbrakes (as I stated in a previous post,I turned it into a slightly modified mpi mini) along with the necessary brake fluid hoses,radiator along with it's plumbing (samco blue), brake servo and specially made air filter.Front and side indicators were also added.Forgot to mention the engine guard,installed under the front subframe.Photos:

Attached File  M1 (172).jpg   21.83K   43 downloads

Attached File  M1 (175).jpg   22.77K   31 downloads

Attached File  M1 (176).jpg   17.18K   28 downloads

Comments welcome as always!

Edited by MINI FOR EVER, 22 December 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#45 MINI FOR EVER

MINI FOR EVER

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

I'll let the pictures do the talking...

Attached File  M3.jpg   62.95K   82 downloads

Attached File  M2.jpg   38.29K   74 downloads

That's all,no more till next year!!!

Edited by MINI FOR EVER, 22 December 2013 - 10:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users