329 replies to this topic

#1 RODZMINI71

RODZMINI71

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

Well after 11 long years of starting stopping, starting stopping i decided to pull my finger out and finish her.Inspired by the Historic Rally at the Kinmel Estate which passed my home in October i brought her in from the cold and set to work.Most of the welding had been completed.....At least that's what i thought until i had her Grit blasted.I would strongly recommend having it done  !!

IPHONEPICTURES010_zps65cd6706.jpg?t=1387

#2 RODZMINI71

RODZMINI71

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

Once Blasted i mounted her on my home made Spit and set about cutting her up, Ordering panels and welding her up.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 IPHONEPICTURES020_zps0b71baea.jpg?t=1387

#3 RODZMINI71

RODZMINI71

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

Once i had finished the welding....well most of it, i sent her over to the body shop. I decided on a 8 point cage and Bulkhead air box so i had to dip into my pocket and pay for the work to be done Grrrrr !!!!!! Choosing the color was my next problem. Orange ?????? Green ???????? Blue ???????. As i wanted to keep the car looking original i finely decided on Teal Blue.

RANDOMS161213011_zps3bdf3d9a.jpg?t=13873

#4 RODZMINI71

RODZMINI71

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

I had a bit of a shock when i saw her for the first time and to be honest i started to panic  O_O !!!! It did not look anything like the pictures i had seen of the color and started to question the paint supplier. They were convinced it was 100% Teal Blue. Back home to do a little more research and with the help of a fellow Member was reassured it was definitely 100% Teal Blue. Thanks James :D  Amazing how different this particular color changes in different light.    ONWARD'S !!!!!!!!!!

RANDOMS161213022_zps60448cba.jpg?t=13873

#5 danny1

danny1

In the navy you can sail 7 peas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

Nice build look forward to seeing more of this

#6 RODZMINI71

RODZMINI71

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Thanks, All being well i should have some pictures with her newly fashioned Bulkhead Air Box and White Roof by tonight. If time permits i should also have the 8 point cage, Doors, Bonnet,Boot and Glass fitted by the weekend. I cant wait to get her back in the garage at home for Christmas ;D Not sure if Victoria and the Children will see much of me !!!!! I'v really been looking forward to this part of the restoration. All those nights cutting and welding thinking " What the Hell have i got myself into ". The Spit i made has been a god send, no more spatter in my ears and down my jumper ....Ha ! memories memories :lol: 

#7 RODZMINI71

RODZMINI71

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

The home made spit ;D                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 IPHONEPICTURES008-Copy_zps72ec144b.jpg

#8 domdee

domdee

Formally known as dominicdee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Local Club: hull clubs on FB

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

more updates!

#9 RODZMINI71

RODZMINI71

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

Whooop! Whooop! Good news Rob from Mini Sport has pulled a blinder :D managed to sort overnight delivery of my new engine.Thanks Rob !

#10 RODZMINI71

RODZMINI71

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:18 AM

Having trouble uploading pictures from photobucket Grrrrrrrrr ! Help please

#11 RODZMINI71

RODZMINI71

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

th_randoms201213004_zps56bd4512.jpg

Finely  got round to getting the Air Box sorted :D Nice straight forward job really . Next the Roll Cage !!!

#12 RODZMINI71

RODZMINI71

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

Re fitting the Roll Cage proofed harder than thought Grrrrrrrrr The cage fits so tight i dented the roof, no hope of the roof lining going back in.

randoms201213006_zps0e675a36.jpg

randoms201213003_zps940d0972.jpg

randoms201213001_zpseccf8287.jpg

#13 RODZMINI71

RODZMINI71

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

Christmas came early for me this afternoon :D 1380 Arrived safe and well !! I really wanted to tear the clear wrapping off but kept my cool.Plenty to keep me occupied this Christmas !! First......Gearbox Re-build !!

randoms201213005_zps96feb7b6.jpg

#14 thetrev.com

thetrev.com

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hi,

which cage have you gone for?

#15 RODZMINI71

RODZMINI71

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

8 Point S.D   :D   Shes TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT !!!! Got there in the end tho. 4hrs passed very quickly, the Air was BLUE !!! Ha Ha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users